Really need to vent!!!

Amour

I'm tired of all this haircare malarky.

I have been doing this 'trying to grow my hair' thing for like 5 years now. I started at above SL and I am only now at APL... AFTER 5 YEARS!!!!

The worse thing is, is that I have a small section of hair that grows so much faster or is able to retain more length than the other 95% of my hair. I have had to cut about 3inches off in the past year and now it is like 4 inches (nearly MBL) longer than the rest of my hair. Now if only the 95% of my hair was growing like that section I would be at or nearing MBL.:wallbash:

Its really frustrating and embarrasing to be actively trying to grow hair which isnt making much progress :wallbash: :wallbash:

I will not give up though, hopefully if I stick it out I will be BSL soon :rolleyes:

****woooohsaaaaaa*****... feel soo much better - thanks for letting me vent :spinning: :spinning: :spinning:

Maybe you are experiencing breakage. When your hair is breaking, it's darn near impossible to see any positive changes in your hair - just looks like it's at a standstill.

Are you a PJ or a bandwagon jumper? I've been lurking on this site for a while now, and I've noticed that most (not all) of the folks who hop on don't have the greatest lengths. Find what works for you and stick with it! There are times I read threads and I'm like, "man I wanna try that" but then I snap out of it, because I know what is working for me and my hair and I'm not trying to backslide on it.

Don't give up. Maybe you should just revamp your regimen? And try to stop cutting so much hair! That's been an issue for me too. HHJ

Sorry you are discouraged, but please don't give up. Maybe you can share your regimen with us and the ladies here can provide some tips that would help with retention :)

Maybe you are experiencing breakage. When your hair is breaking, it's darn near impossible to see any positive changes in your hair - just looks like it's at a standstill.

Are you a PJ or a bandwagon jumper? I've been lurking on this site for a while now, and I've noticed that most (not all) of the folks who hop on don't have the greatest lengths. Find what works for you and stick with it! There are times I read threads and I'm like, "man I wanna try that" but then I snap out of it, because I know what is working for me and my hair and I'm not trying to backslide on it.

Don't give up. Maybe you should just revamp your regimen? And try to stop cutting so much hair! That's been an issue for me too. HHJ

Thank for the reply :yep:

The problem with me, I think, is consistency. I started off as a PJ, then a bandwagon jumper (during this time did not see much progress AT ALL) then I became discouraged and lazy, and now I am keeping it simple (which seems to be best for me).

At the moment I am making progress - just what is frustrating is that it has taken soooo long and I have one area of hair which is unstoppable whereas the majority areas areas are taking their sweet time.

Sorry you are discouraged, but please don't give up. Maybe you can share your regimen with us and the ladies here can provide some tips that would help with retention :)

I dont really have much of a regiment really (I have a personal problem with consistency :ohwell: :spinning:).

But I currently do not use direct heat. Try to DC once a week mixed with Ayurvedic powders & oils (although I can get lazy and it can sometime turn into 2 weeks), moisturise about everyother day (I have extremely soft hair so over moisturising can cause problems), seal with EVOO or Coconut Oil.

I'm happy with my regi, just want to see some more progress. I might start taking vitamins again, I got good growth with biotin.

At the moment I am making progress - just what is frustrating is that it has taken soooo long and I have one area of hair which is unstoppable whereas the majority areas areas are taking their sweet time.
I hear you, but see that's the thing about our hair journeys. It is our own. It is a constant learning experience. I'm just glad you're continuing to learn more about yourself and haircare!

It's almost daily I'm learning something new either online, magazines, or within myself when it comes to taking better care of myself. And trust me..I've come a longggg way!

I dont really have much of a regiment really (I have a personal problem with consistency :ohwell: :spinning:).
Consistency and KISS go hand in hand when it comes to healthy hair care. :yep: Try to add one or 2 extra days into your regimen for your journey. Or try scalp massages a few times a week..a little goes a long way. HHJ

Hey OP, don't give up! I know it can be frustrating.

Looks like you know the reasons why your hair isn't where it should be. I noticed a while ago that most PJ's and people that jump on bandwagons that are not consistent with their hair care (they just like buying stuff) don't have the retention other women with simpler regimens have. You can be a PJ but you have to be consistent and not get lazy with your hair.

OK so now you know and that's half the battle right there.

I would also try scalp massages, or a stimulating oil (like peppermint or rosemary)
do you exercise regularly?

Whoa five years. Yeah that sounds like your hair journey has hit some bumps along the way. I am in the process of recovering from oveconditioning. It happened so fast! But yeah, if you have fine strands like I do, you gotta be careful about too much moisture and DCing for long periods of time.

I read an article by Sistaslick (the one about moisture/protein balance) that said overmoisturizing can leave the hair with too much elasticity and when it stretches like that, points all along the hair strand can become weakened, not just the ends!

Sorry, I didn't know if you were looking for solutions or not, just wanted to share that cuz it was a real eye-opener for me. Good luck and HHG! :yep:

Amour hang in there
Are you sure that you have been following your regimen consistently? Actively thinking about wanting long hair is different from actually carrying out your regimen :yep: Just get back on track and you could be BSL soon!

Back