Received Free Products - CurlLove

DivineNapps1728

I received mine as well & I think the packaging/presentation is too cute.

I've tried one of the products thus far & my hair did not like it (the styling custard); my hair became semi-tangled, dried out && my ends knotted which is very uncommon since I've started to use the LOC method. I'm not sure what ingredient encouraged dryness, but I think the tangling was a result of the shrinkage the custard caused. My sister has a type 3 curl & I think this would work better for her. In any case, the texture of the product is awesome, it's not heavy, it's creamy, but has a lot of slip, no oily residue & is easily absorbed. It didn't provide any hold, smoothness or definition to my attempted braid out however.

TheEspressoHair, do you have any reviews of any of the products?

faithVA

I have a question. I've never used clarifying products before. So my box had a clarifying shampoo and a clarifying conditioner. If you clarify with the shampoo why do you need a clarifying conditioner? Or is that just a name and they don't both clarify? Or are they not meant to be used together?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
faithVA I haven't heard of this brand before but I will try the products.

-once you clarify with a shampoo, i guess it would be nice to condition and not have any residue left over after you just washed it out.
-also, I feel like Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner feels like a clarifying one and I like it...so I don't see any harm in using it (trying it). The conditioner looks great to try.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I got my box too. Won't be able to try anything for a few weeks. I like the presentation, however I thought another product would be in the box, something from SDOT beauty. Not complaining, but it was on the site as listed April box, and the survey email asked to rate the product.

faithVA - I thought I read clarifying conditioners are supposed to be geared towards fine hair, and not weigh down hair as opposed to using a regular condish. I may try it as a cowash.

faithVA

I've tried the FaraSue's hair fertilizer. I like it. It reminds me of the oil I make for my scalp. It has a real strong EO smell. I smell a lot of rosemary. But I like when the scents of my oils are strong.

I am going to try the FaraSues shampoo and conditioner tomorrow. I'm a little scared since I've never tried a clarifying shampoo before. But maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

And I will try whatever the styler was to put in finger coils. Hope it works.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I got mine and I LOVED the presentation! :yep: I like the smell of all of the products. I tried the DC and it went on like magic. The texture was so awesome and when it was in, my hair felt like silk. Soft and billowy... but the rinse out left alot to be desired. My hair felt dry, tangly, and hard. I'll clarify and try it again later. Will definitely try the other products. :yep:

Mrsptaylor

I got my box last Friday and so far I've tried the Farasue clarifying shampoo,conditioner, and hair growth oil in addition to the Moisture Balance styling custard. The clarifying shampoo and conditioner was a tad too drying for my hair, but I love the hair oil and the custard. In fact, I'm thinking of ordering more of the custard from the vendor. My hair has a nice hold, is moisturized, and it doesn't have a white residue on damp/wet hair like SM curling souffle.

shasha8685

I got my box on Monday. Thus far, I really like the Jane Carter Solution Curl Defining Cream. I have been using it for my leave out hair (currently wearing my Tammy half wig and have been doing a braidout on my leave out).

I still need to try the other products but I love how the box was packaged. Very nice!

Shadiyah

what box are you all talking about? and these samples are free? like you do not have to pay for them every month?

faithVA

what box are you all talking about? and these samples are free? like you do not have to pay for them every month?

Curlove asked for beta testers a few months ago. This first box is her beta test. We did not have to pay for this box. The May boxes will have a $$ associated with it.

In return for the free box/samples we are asked to give reviews.

faithVA

Tried the Farasue's Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner. It wasn't bad. My hair didn't feel stripped but it felt clean. But I had a lot of shrinkage so I only washed once. I was afraid if I washed it twice I wouldn't be able to do anything with it.

I rinsed and used the whole bottle of conditioner to try to rebalance my hair. I let the conditioner sit for a few minutes. I should have baggied while I showered but didn't. My hair didn't soften up and smooth out just a bit. I couldn't detangle with it. But when I rinsed I was able to separate my hair enough to apply the DC. I started to use another instant conditioner behind it to soften it up more but I really wanted to see how the DC works on my hair without helping it along.

I said before I liked the Farasue Hair Fertilizer. But after reading the ingredients are just grapeseed oil and rosemary, um, I felt some kind of way about that. And 8 oz bottle is $16. I can get grapeseed oil from the grocery store for $8 and rosemary EO for $8 and make my own. I originally thought it was some unique formula :nono:

Because of all of the EOs in the shampoo, conditioner and fertilizer they give the scalp a tingle. I know some ladies like that. I personally don't like special effects when I am cleaning my hair and scalp. I wanted to put on the NJoy's Growth Oil before I DCd. But there are so many EOs in the shampoo and conditioner that I was afraid I might have some type of reaction :ohwell:

I think the products are ok. I have had shampoos and conditioners that were far worse. My hair is also low porosity and stays dry. I think normal porosity lady may really enjoy the combination. I would give them a 7 which I don't think is too bad.

I have on the SDOTBeauty Softly & Tenderly Conditioner now. I am not getting a good feel about it. It's nice and thick but my hair doesn't do well with thick conditioners. I am hoping it softens my hair. It doesn't seem like it would smooth it after the clarifying conditioner. I usually detangle after I put the conditioner on but couldn't with this. I am going to sit under the heat cap for 30 minutes and then let it sit on for a total of 2 hours to give it a fair chance. It smells like cherries which is good.

I'm really a bad customer for a curl box because my hair needs products for low porosity hair and not normal porosity. So its going to be hard for certain products to be a hit. But I am glad to have received the box. I think it was a very nice selection.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
FYI Just received this e-mail from Curlove

Hello,

I wanted to personally reach out and thank you for your interest in Curlove and the Curlove Box. Over the past month, we've combed through feedback we received from Beta as well as conducted many individual conversations with Beta testers. We've also considered what it would take to provide customers exceptional value and service, while also being fair to our vendor partners (many of which are small and emerging businesses) and determined that we cannot provide the value we would like to at this time with the Curlove Box. It's incredibly important to me that whatever we do, we keep customers first. When and if things change, we will be sure to reach out and let you know.

Thank you again for for expressing interest in Curlove. As a special thank you for your interest, we are offering 30% off in our shop (www.curlove.com) with coupon code: thankyou

Stay well,

Tiffany M.
tiffany[USER=343691]Curl[/USER]ove.com