Recommendation for a clarifying and chelating poo

Fine 4s

Hey ladies,

I wanted to know which products you use to clarify your hair?
I only co-wash so my hair is not use to poos anymore ( I haven't used shampoo since I started this hair care journey over one year ago). The last time I did, it was a tangled hard mess. I vowed to never use shampoo again.

Now that I want to clarify I don't know which one to use that has some moisturizing properties in addition to the ability to clarify (I'm really scared to use shampoo again). I use baking soda sometimes but I'm not sure if it's really clarifying. I would love to find a chelating poo as well but first thing's first.

Any suggestions ladies?

phive34

I use Suave Daily Clarify Shampoo. Cheap and effective :rolleyes:, then wash again with Mizani Botanifying Poo to add a little mosture back. IDK.... I'm new to this hair care thing. Hope this helps.

P.S from what I've seen on the forum baking soda should do the trick.

PinkPebbles

Chelating poo - ORS Creamy Aloe - very moisturizing/ non-stripping
Clarifying poo - Aveda Detoxifier - need to use a moisturizing poo after using Aveda Detox

Last edited:

asubeauty

I was going to suggest ORS creamy aloe shampoo. It's chelating and moisturizing. Right now I'm using Herbal Essences degunkify to clarify. It tingles... :yep:

Irresistible

hey girl got your pm

guess I will just answer here, I dont clarify or chelate, but I asked about this recently and the recommendation I got that I will go with later is Kenra , its a clarifying and chelating shampoo and all the ladies said it was mild

Blessed_Angel

hey girl got your pm

guess I will just answer here, I dont clarify or chelate, but I asked about this recently and the recommendation I got that I will go with later is Kenra , its a clarifying and chelating shampoo and all the ladies said it was mild

Yup, I like Kenra too. It doesn't strip the hair; and does both in one application. And it smells good like grapefruit.

DMJ's Mom

The only one I've ever used is ORS creamy aloe. Its never left my hair with that stripped feeling and it smells so good

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
I use Pantene Clarifying Shampoo and ur hair literally squeaks clean. I use a little at each session and a little goes a long way.

Aggie

Mizani Phormula 7 and Abba Pure Detox Shampoo are both good for clarifying and chelating the hair. I agree that Kenra clarifying poo is another good one and yes it is mild as well.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
While reading the Kenra Clearifing ingrediants it says it has Sodium Myreth Sulfate in it. What is that, and is that bad for hair?