Refusing to Cut ......

VirtuousBeauty

Anyone else refuse to cut their hair to make it even for the sake of length. You can clearly see in my siggy that my hair is uneven. Didn't even notice it till I even took this pic. I already cut my hair from APL to SL because my ends were damaged and I was starting my Hair journey. I refuse to do that nonsense again :nono:.

Anyone else refuse to cut their hair to make it even for the sake of length. You can clearly see in my siggy that my hair is uneven. Didn't even notice it till I even took this pic. I already cut my hair from APL to SL because my ends were damaged and I was starting my Hair journey. I refuse to do that nonsense again :nono:.

Yep this is me! To boot, my hair grows uneven anyway. I just had my daughter literally dust off my ends to somewhat make it even but I'm terrified of scissors :perplexed:grin:

I didn't refuse to cut for the sake of length, but because the choppiness never bothered me. Eventually my hair pretty much evened itself out (natural shedding, split ends, search and destroys)

Me. :look: I wear my hair in it's curly state a majority of the time anyway so it makes no sense for me to "even up the ends".

Me! I'm pretty sure my hair won't be even after I did a mini-chop last month (since I did it by cutting the ends of my twists) but I refuse to cut it as long as my ends aren't split. I won't pick up another pair of scissors until after my BC.

ME!! I refuse to chop off anything, uneven or not. I will probably trim once a year as I have been doing. Anyone with issues can keep it moving like a drive-by...

Yup! :yep: I am gonna try and hold off cutting until my shortest pieces get to a length that I would he happy with.....that length has yet to be determined, lol. As you can see from my Avy - growing in uneven and so be it.

I think I'm gonna invest in a split-ender... because I want healthy ends, but I'm sick of having to take off length...

Unless my ends are a HAM, no shears are coming near my head until I'm ready to BC...and that won't be for a LONG time!

I just wrote a post on this. I have a tail that reaches around waistlength and I refuse to cut it. I figure it'll even out eventually and since I wear my hair curly it's not like anyone can really tell.

See my HAIR TAIL in my siggy pic...? (that was back then Dec 09 and Feb 2010, its much longer now)

I just posted in another thread about this....I refuse to cut for evenness. When my hair was permed, I cut it/shaved it, and that small area of 3C (in the midst of all my 4AB) hair managed to out-grow the rest of the nape by a cm or 2. When I BD'd, the same thing happened.....My hair seems to grow at slightly different lengths all over my hair so...it is what it is....Cutting at this point (especially with what it takes to retain length) would be a major set back for me....

I've been a chronic cutter for the past few years. The last time I cut my hair was March I believe. Anyway, I promised myself no more scissors to my hair until Dec. That's when I'll give myself a much needed trim. I look at my hair and I want to cut so bad. I see some splits forming and want to get rid of them...but I know me. I'll end up 'trimming' 3inches off. lol

I am with you girl! I am DYING to reach APL so I'm refusing to cut... I use to cut a lot because I like the fullness... then I started getting split ends because I was using dull scissors. Not I'm recuperating from those ends and now that I have healthy ends... NO MORE CUTTING allowed. If I have dead ends I'll just try to find a trustable professional or use hair shears....

I recently joined a challenge just to keep myself from cutting; I get a little too crazy when I've got scissors in my hand!

I cut for no one! I let my hair do what it do.

That's how I feel although this mishap after cutting out a very short-lived sewin (think I accidentally cut my hair:sad:) has my right side significantly shorter. I refuse to cut right now but may break. I like looking at my left side and thinking about what could have been.:look:

I'm with you! My hair grows in the dreaded "v" shape so I got it cut last year in an attempt to even it up-approximately 3-4 inches cut off:perplexed and before I knew it, the stupid "v" was back. So I decided I'm not cutting again to get my hair "even" until I'm at least MBL and can just maintain it. Until then I won't be cutting :yep: It's just not worth it to me.

It is now 6 months that I refuse to let my HS cut my hair. Each time I go to him he wants to cut and it is no little cut. If I did let him I would be at or just above SL. Forget that I work to hard not to see any length progress. I have decided unless in dire circumstance not to cut until I am below APL. So by year end I see myself getting a trim I think I would need to do that myself to make sure it doesn't go back to SL.

Another not cutting! My hair grows uneven anyway so whats the sense. I am only going to dust, or try to, cause my dust always leads to a trim (which makes it more uneven) I figure if I don't straighten I won't have the urge.

I self trimmed my ends May 31 and it is waaaay uneven. I will get my relaxer near the end of Aug and I'm sure that my trim with look worse. I refuse to cut again until my Dec relaxer...hopefully I will be full APL then

the thought of a trim makes my head hurt. my hair ALWAYS grows uneven. I used to keep my ends even and it would end up uneven in a few months and i could never retain any length. now it is an uneven mess but its longer. I have been trimming my hair myself. I just snipped about a 1/4 of inch off last week and it still made my head hurt but i can live with it. I usually let my hair grow until the ends are just so bad and dry that they look a mess then i snip.

i really used to be like that but my ends got so bad i wasn't retaining ANY length . At least your problem is uneven hair ..

I legit was 2 seconds away from crying when my sister convinced me to do a trim ( more like a cut cuz my ends sucked ). Now i always want a trim .. lol

I BC'd in April.. then got a haircut thinking it was going to even everything up and it didn't.
So I had different lengths.. thank god its growing out now.. but I will NOT cut my hair again until it is shoulder length straightened... and that will only be a little snip.

I'm also in the refuse to cut club. My goal is to trim once a year. So far I haven't had any setbacks from not trimming.

That's me too!
I just let my hair do it's thing.
I am going to have to do a few mini-chops to finally get rid of my relaxed ends though, but that won't be until the end of the year.

I didn't refuse to cut for the sake of length, but because the choppiness never bothered me. Eventually my hair pretty much evened itself out (natural shedding, split ends, search and destroys)

This is what I'm hoping for. I'm trying to wait this time because if I keep trimming too much or even being too aggressive with the dusting I'll never know my hair's true potential. Gotta keep those ends moist.

I figured out that if you dust your ends 1/8", 8 times a year, you lose 1" progress and year, add that to a 2" trim to "even things out" and you only get 3" progress a year. More and More I am agreeing with Cathy Howse's technique of NO TRIMMING at all. She says 'uneven does not mean unhealthy'...I'm starting to agree.

I don't cut partly because of my goals, partly because i am not bothered about having a blunt cut and partly like others I just want it to do want it wants.

Another reason is because I know people have reached great lengths with nothing more than light dusting

I have a love/hate relationship with the scissors when it comes to my hair. I most definitely want my hair to grow, but if I think about how uneven my hair is too much, chances are, I'll end up taking the scissors to it!

I was having a really hard time the past few months! Every time I would fluff my hair out into a 'fro, I would notice how uneven it is and think, "It wouldn't hurt to trim it a little. It'll grow right back anyway, and it'll be nice and even." I ended up settling for just patting it into shape. That seemed to work out pretty well. So, aside from a tiny snip on the sides to make my right side burn even with my left, I have managed to resist the temptation of the scissors! The urge go cut has decreased a bit as of late, so maybe I'll be able to hold off a few more months! :yep:

Back