Should I let Walmart cut my hair.

SimpleKomplexity

My roomie is tellin me to wait to cut my hair, but lately I have been having the urge to cut it. My ends are uneven, and I want to wear my hair out in the Fall.... THe problem is, I'm back at school :perplexed. My stylist is 3 hrs away, so I'm thinking of going to Walmart and letting them trim my hair. How much does it cost at Walmart for a trim and set? Should I wait until APL to trim my hair or wha?

MizzBrown

You need to call them for a price list and ask if anyone in there is trained to work on African American hair.

Then, you need to ask if you could come in beforehand for a consultation or when u make your appointment, arrive 10-20 minutes early so you can get a good feel for who she is.

On the phone or in person, ask the stylist what products she uses, ask beforehand if she actually knows how to do the style you want.

If you post a pic we'll tell you if u need a trim. Cant go by word of mouth.

mrsmeredith

Or you could try supercuts (they seem to be everywhere). But make sure they are familiar with your hair type some have african americans working there and they do a real good job. Prices are between 10-14 dollars cuz all they do is cut. Plus you can print out a coupon from their website for a couple of dollars off.

FindingMe

It just depends. We have 2 black stylists at a local Walmart that a lot of us go to from time to time (or regularly). I would feel comfortable letting them trim my hair...They use Affirm and er'ything...

Now if you are trying to get a style or a serious cut, then that's a different matter...

Kelly210

I didn't know Walmart cut hair. Do they do this in Philly? Never heard of supercuts. I've heard of Hair Cuttery or something like that.

lilsparkle825

its not the place but the stylist who makes the difference. check on craigslist too, cause there are a lot of people working out of their homes (or that can come to you) for real cheap. but WHOEVER you go to, get a consultation first and ask for some pics of their work.

and look at the condition of her hair too!!!

:ninja:

glam-

In my personal experience, I've had better luck getting trims at places like HairCuttery etc than at "salons" The times when my trims turned into atrocious cuts were at real salons that worked with a primarily Afr American clientele.

It sounds like you just want a trim to even up the ends so you can wear it out, so I agree with the advice you have already received. Check out the stylist, make your wishes clear and then, if it feels right, go for it.

On the other hand, your hair may just be growing in unevenly and if you're wanting APL maybe you should keep Protective Styling or even just wearing it in curls until you get there.

caramelma

:yep:They do real good work at the walmart salons because all they do is cut hair. I Just got my hair cut in layers there and they did a good job. even though it took away from my length it looks real good and besides i know it will grow back. My hair was in need of a good trim because I had micros that did alot of damage. I love that healthy look.