Regarding Biblical References in the Off Topic Forum...

gone_fishing

Are we not supposed to make any references to the bible in off-topic? Is that a rule somewhere I missed? :look:

Unfortunately, when someone says the word "moral" to me I immediately think biblical standards. I know not everyone subscribes to that but I was just curious if there's a rule somewhere I'm not aware of.

Even amongst my non-christian friends, this is the first time in my life I've been condemned so much for bringing up scripture. :ohwell:

Do you all just not talk about it in off-topic at all?

Mocha5

Are we not supposed to make any references to the bible in off-topic? Is that a rule somewhere I missed? :look:

Unfortunately, when someone says the word "moral" to me I immediately think biblical standards. I know not everyone subscribes to that but I was just curious if there's a rule somewhere I'm not aware of.

Even amongst my non-christian friends, this is the first time in my life I've been condemned so much for bringing up scripture. :ohwell:

(((Hugs))) Looks like the scripture below best fits the situation. I'm not sure about the rules but I think it's probably your personal choice to quote scripture in forums other than the Christian Forum. I have made a personal choice not to do so. Just know that if you choose to, you will need to be suited up in the full armour of God, first. :yep:

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."[c]

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 1 Corithians 1: 18-25 (NIV)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

It's not that we can't...:nono: Consider the climate and terrain. Not many want to hear His name...which is JESUS. :heart2:

That's all it is, angel. :kiss: Precious Adequate, that's all it is. No different than anywhere else, we go as Christians and proclaim our faith in God.

Now, did not Jesus tell us that many would hate us for 'His sake'. :yep: To me it's the best hate in the world, for it comes from darkness, yet we dwell, live and breathe and love in the marvelous atmosphere and Light of Jesus Christ who was, is and still to come.

No other love...no other love can top nor stop Him...ever!

Now...come Off Topic and rest in Jesus. All else is vain. :heart2:

cutiebe2

It's not that we can't...:nono: Consider the climate and terrain. Not many want to hear His name...which is JESUS. :heart2:

That's all it is, angel. :kiss: Precious Adequate, that's all it is. No different than anywhere else, we go as Christians and proclaim our faith in God.

Now, did not Jesus tell us that many would hate us for 'His sake'. :yep: To me it's the best hate in the world, for it comes from darkness, yet we dwell, live and breathe and love in the marvelous atmosphere and Light of Jesus Christ who was, is and still to come.

No other love...no other love can top nor stop Him...ever!

Now...come Off Topic and rest in Jesus. All else is vain. :heart2:

Although I am Cristian, I feel that its not that people don't want to hear his name, but that people would like their beliefs and religions respected. When your bring up the scripture, it makes it hard to have an even level debate. I don't believe in using the bible to argue you point when it is a secular topic, just because that is not fair to non-Christians who want to discuss. I though that was why the Christian forum was created.

Last edited:

gone_fishing

Thank you Shimmie,

You always have a word of encourgagement.

Sometimes I wish I had your phone number. :grin: I understand what you're saying. However, what good is a church that only witnesses to itself? My Pastor used to tell me to get out and witness and share the gospel. What on earth do you do when you want to share it but the people with the loudest voice want to express their discontent with it? What about people who might read it and it edifies them in some way?

Sure, there are going to be those that just never want to hear it...they prefer secular opinions and that's all they prefer.

However, I like to believe that it helps 3 or 4 people out of thousands that perhaps never say anything.

Also, cutiebe 2, thanks for your post.

I guess I just feel like if someone was Buddhist or Muslim and gave the opinions it would be taken differntly.

I guess I'm just frustrated with all together.

How can you respond at all to moral topics when your own thoughts don't tend to be secularly based?

Do you just not respond at all?

I guess that's what I need to do or just stick to the topics which are truly neutral like sports or whatever.

BTW my Packers are 4-0. :grin:

alexstin

Thank you Shimmie,

Sometimes I wish I had your phone number. :grin: I understand what you're saying. However, what good is a church that only witnesses to itself? My Pastor used to tell me to get out and witness and share the gospel. What on earth do you do when you want to share it but the people with the loudest voice want to express their discontent with it? What about people who might read it and it edifies them in some way?

Sure, there are going to be those that just never want to hear it...they prefer secular opinions and that's all they prefer.

However, I like to believe that it helps 3 or 4 people out of thousands that perhaps never say anything.

I guess I just feel like if someone was Buddhist or Muslim and gave the opinions it would be taken differntly.

How can you respond at all to moral topics when your own thoughts don't tend to be secularly based?

I guess that's what I need to do or just stick to the topics which are truly neutral like sports or whatever.

I don't have to quote a verse to share my thoughts. The principles that I live by are based on biblical principles.

If someone is having sex outside of marriage. Do I really need to say, fornicators are going to hell and point out the verse. Or can I explain why fornication is wrong and the fruit that it brings in the life of those who choose to do it. If they're interested I can go even further and reveal the heart of my Dad to them.

Either way, they're going to be convicted. What would you say to someone if there were no bible scriptures to quote? In the beginning there was Adam, Eve and God. There were no scriptures.

What would you do, if tomorrow all bibles and biblical resources were banned. There are a lot of scriptures that pertain to situations that you have not memorized so if you didn't have those scriptures to reference, how would you communicate with those that need to know our Father?

Scriptures are an excellent resource for our lives but we live by every word that comes from God's mouth, right? That includes the revealed word God speaks to our hearts. If we only live by the written word then we're selling ourselves short.

StrawberryQueen

I don't have to quote a verse to share my thoughts. The principles that I live by are based on biblical principles.

If someone is having sex outside of marriage. Do I really need to say, fornicators are going to hell and point out the verse. Or can I explain why fornication is wrong and the fruit that it brings in the life of those who choose to do it. If they're interested I can go even further and reveal the heart of my Dad to them.

Either way, they're going to be convicted. What would you say to someone if there were no bible scriptures to quote? In the beginning there was Adam, Eve and God. There were no scriptures.

What would you do, if tomorrow all bibles and biblical resources were banned. There are a lot of scriptures that pertain to situations that you have not memorized so if you didn't have those scriptures to reference, how would you communicate with those that need to know our Father?

Scriptures are an excellent resource for our lives but we live by every word that comes from God's mouth, right? That includes the revealed word God speaks to our hearts. If we only live by the written word then we're selling ourselves short.
Praise Jesus! :clap:

Shimmie

Staff member
Praise Jesus! :clap:
Don't get too happy. The word of God is still alive and well and will still be proclaimed all over the land. Whether we quote scripture or not, it's still the word of God which drew us into the knowledge of God and all of His righteousness. "And it's the word of God which we need to save ourselves from ourselves...don't be ashamed to proclaim it.

Jesus, Himself SPOKE and made it plain to the devil as I am also making it plain...

"Man cannot live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the word of God."

"It is the word of God which is the very foundation we rest upon...Jesus, Himself and no other. God said 'speak' and so we shall. I have no shame in Him or His name or His word. God's word lives well within my heart and from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. To deny His word, is to deny Him...

In Him, I have no shame.

Hmmmm, I find it interesting though. People can speak from the gutter, support whatever and declare whatever they believe contrary to Christianity, yet when a Christian speaks up...it's called wrong...? I don't think so. Something else I've noticed, out of all of the faiths represented on this entire forum, Christians are the ones who are targeted and slandered. Entire threads have been posted and extended on the OT forum, 'Hating' (yep, I said it....'Hatin') on Christians and making fun of them. Yet...NO other faith has been disrespected.

Please....:rolleyes: there is a target (on purpose) set against Christianity, whether we quote, write OR even 'think' scripture.

Yet, the beauty and the truth is this....Heaven and Earth may pass away, but the word of God will stand forever...and ever....and ever...and ever...and ever....and ever.

And to Him and His word, which I will quote without fear of any devil....I applaude :clap: Yes...I applaude Jesus Christ and don't give rip or flip who likes or not....Why? Because He's worthy to be praised in all of His fullness and in ALL of His word...His word which loved all of us enough to proclaim His love for us, publically, He without hesitation nor remorse, has taken the shame and the blame for all of us...for to Him, our lives are not a game.

He, Jesus, the word of God who became 'Flesh' and dwelt among us...with all of His heart, body and soul and His blood.

Therefore without shame or fear of man, I'm a walking Epistle..a walking scripture and I love it! Because I love Him...Jesus! :heart2:

I love my daily bread...scripture. :heart4: :heart4: :heart4:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you Shimmie,

Now why would you do that? Why would you stop being you. For as long as you live, don't you ever allow satan to stifle your gift of loving ministry.

And for as long as you live, remember this scripture...

"Dogs don't bark at parked cars" :nono:

The devil is trying to stifle you and shut you up. He knows just how powerful God's word is and it's healing affect upon more lives than satan has tried to hold on to...

So, when he sees someone like you come on the scene to drive him out of his place, he barks to intimidate you; to shut you up and to stop you from moving any further.

It's not the OT Forum, nor the persons there, but instead it is a spirit that rises up from the enemy who is threatened by your very presence and satan knows the power of deliverance which you carry in your belly and ther's nothing he can do except try and scare you off.

NOW, I will adomonish you NOT to argue to get your point across. It's not necessary. I've learned my lesson, so learn from my mistakes of the past. Stay out of conflict.

Now, If God leads you to speak your heart, speak it, but do so in love and then leave it alone. The right person (persons) will see this word and God will use what you have shared to minister to them.

How do I know this? My PM box gets 'blown' up...literally blown up from Many, many posts that I've made on OT...especially the ones that had the most contention; and the persons who send me the PM's are asking for more; for what God has used me to share not only blessed them, but it gave them what they were looking for and didn't think that it was possible to achieve it. AND they are asking me for scripture, for they know that scripture validates what I say and pray. It's God's word, not mine.

God needs us on OT...to argue NO...:nono: To comfort and to love and to give encouragement...YES. No force, no arguing, no degrading, just love to those who are in need. And only as God leads. I'm not there to cause eruptions...I reply to those who are in need.

If you notice, I don't spend too much time there at all. I'm mostly here in the Christianity Forum, my PM box, Relationship Forum or home minding my own business and spending time with my loved ones and my sweetheart. Why waste precious time arguing...Total waste. It's not that serious to get a point across.

God loves everyone here, no matter what areas of the forum.

ETA...Check your PM...I gave you my number :yep:

StrawberryQueen

Don't get too happy. The word of God is still alive and well and will still be proclaimed all over the land. Whether we quote scripture or not, it's still the word of God which drew us into the knowledge of God and all of His righteousness. "And it's the word of God which we need to save ourselves from ourselves...don't be ashamed to proclaim it.

Jesus, Himself SPOKE and made it plain to the devil as I am also making it plain...

"Man cannot live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the word of God."

"It is the word of God which is the very foundation we rest upon...Jesus, Himself and no other. God said 'speak' and so we shall. I have no shame in Him or His name or His word. God's word lives well within my heart and from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. To deny His word, is to deny Him...

In Him, I have no shame.

Hmmmm, I find it interesting though. People can speak from the gutter, support whatever and declare whatever they believe contrary to Christianity, yet when a Christian speaks up...it's called wrong...? I don't think so. Something else I've noticed, out of all of the faiths represented on this entire forum, Christians are the ones who are targeted and slandered. Entire threads have been posted and extended on the OT forum, 'Hating' (yep, I said it....'Hatin') on Christians and making fun of them. Yet...NO other faith has been disrespected.

Please....:rolleyes: there is a target (on purpose) set against Christianity, whether we quote, write OR even 'think' scripture.

Yet, the beauty and the truth is this....Heaven and Earth may pass away, but the word of God will stand forever...and ever....and ever...and ever...and ever....and ever.

And to Him and His word, which I will quote without fear of any devil....I applaude :clap: Yes...I applaude Jesus Christ and don't give rip or flip who likes or not....Why? Because He's worthy to be praised in all of His fullness and in ALL of His word...His word which loved all of us enough to proclaim His love for us, publically, He without hesitation nor remorse, has taken the shame and the blame for all of us...for to Him, our lives are not a game.

He, Jesus, the word of God who became 'Flesh' and dwelt among us...with all of His heart, body and soul and His blood.

Therefore without shame or fear of man, I'm a walking Epistle..a walking scripture and I love it! Because I love Him...Jesus! :heart2:

Why did you address this to me? :confused:

Last edited:

gone_fishing

Hmmm, I was taught that if you are sharing a biblical principle that it is imperative to back it up with scripture. What will happen as we near tribulation and bibles and our right to practice our religion are taken from us?????? I don't know...I will pray and God will lead me on how to witness to folks at that time. Right now I DO have scripture so I'd like to be able to use it and honestly the more I use it, the more I retain it and the more I end up memorizing. :yep:

God's word edifies and seldom do I do his Word justice by paraphrasing. I think...it's bizarre (to me) that people are willing to hear my opinions as long as I don't say "God said it". I can't wrap my mind around why someone would care about my little old opinion and not care about what God has to say on the issue. He's a much bigger deal than me. :ohwell:

But, Shimmie, you make a good point about the barking. At least a few times I thought it would be better to leave this site but then I get PM's from folks who say my posts are helpful to them in some way.

I also know that I cannot force someone to accept God's Word. So I need to pray more about the way I deliver his Word so that it glorifies Him.

Unfortunately, I have not been very christian-like in my posts at times. When I first came to this site, my tolerance for rudeness was a lot better. Now when people snap at me (where in the past I'd try to smoothe things over), I find myself wanting to snap back. Return rudeness with rudeness...but I know I can't be that way and set a good example so I'm working on that and Shimmie, I think that's where the arguing comes in.

I'd ask that if you see me getting out of line (even though you don't really frequent OT often...you'd say something to me because sometimes I need a mirror to show me my reflection).

I'm still a work in progress like everyone else. I need to work on being more patient and kind.

alexstin

Hmmm, I was taught that if you are sharing a biblical principle that it is imperative to back it up with scripture. What will happen as we near tribulation and bibles and our right to practice our religion are taken from us?????? I don't know...I will pray and God will lead me on how to witness to folks at that time. Right now I DO have scripture so I'd like to be able to use it and honestly the more I use it, the more I retain it and the more I end up memorizing. :yep:

God's word edifies and seldom do I do his Word justice by paraphrasing. I think...it's bizarre (to me) that people are willing to hear my opinions as long as I don't say "God said it". I can't wrap my mind around why someone would care about my little old opinion and not care about what God has to say on the issue. He's a much bigger deal than me. :ohwell:

But, Shimmie, you make a good point about the barking. At least a few times I thought it would be better to leave this site but then I get PM's from folks who say my posts are helpful to them in some way.

I also know that I cannot force someone to accept God's Word. So I need to pray more about the way I deliver his Word so that it glorifies Him.

Unfortunately, I have not been very christian-like in my posts at times. When I first came to this site, my tolerance for rudeness was a lot better. Now when people snap at me (where in the past I'd try to smoothe things over), I find myself wanting to snap back. Return rudeness with rudeness...but I know I can't be that way and set a good example so I'm working on that and Shimmie, I think that's where the arguing comes in.

I'd ask that if you see me getting out of line (even though you don't really frequent OT often...you'd say something to me because sometimes I need a mirror to show me my reflection).

I'm still a work in progress like everyone else. I need to work on being more patient and kind.

Did you get that from your Pastor or from the word? Jesus did not constantly quote from the OT when He was talking to the people.

My point about not having the bible was that many do not. Does it lessen their witness if they can't say that 1 Timothy 1:4 says...........?

I can say that Jesus loves you without saying, John 3:16 says that God so loved the world.........

gone_fishing

Did you get that from your Pastor or from the word? Jesus did not constantly quote from the OT when He was talking to the people.

My point about not having the bible was that many do not. Does it lessen their witness if they can't say that 1 Timothy 1:4 says...........?

I can say that Jesus loves you without saying, John 3:16 says that God so loved the world.........

True, that Jesus didn't quote scripture to teach. He used parables MOST of the time. My story telling sucks so I try to stick to what he already said. :grin: I get what you're saying though. :yep:

alexstin

In Him, I have no shame.

So, is the word invalid if i's not prefaced with a verse? I take no issue with speaking the word. If you can only communicate with a person by saying "1 Tim 1:4 says".......as opposed to WHAT 1 Tim 1:4 says then why?

Do people only know you're(general you) a believer because you quote bible verses(meaning, book, chapter and verse)?

alexstin

True, that Jesus didn't quote scripture to teach. He used parables MOST of the time. My story telling sucks so I try to stick to what he already said. :grin: I get what you're saying though. :yep:

:grin:

I hope you do understand my heart. I'm not advocating NOT to share the word because I'll be blocking the store aisle talking to someone about His word. I love to share His word and do it unashamedly in public.:yep:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Alexstin,

I agree with each and every one of your post here. It is not necessary to quote a scripture everytime you speak on the Word of God. Sometimes you can win more soul by not always quoting scripture. Here is an example and a testimony of how God works without always qoting scripture:

My dad and I always partied together, smoke, drink, cuss together. We basically was the same person. I moved away from NY and started to slowly change my life. He didn't. Over the next 3 years when he spoke to me or saw me he would make little comments like: you don't cuss like you use to, then it was you quit smoking, wow, then it was you're not drinking anymore what's up with that. All of that time I would say how God is changing me, my dad would see that when problems can up how calm I was and I would say that becasue I know the Lord and that " ALL THINGS WORKS FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVES THE LORD" I wasn't worried about the outcome becauseI know that " GOD HAS ALREADY WORKED IT OUT". Over time I just lived God, and I was ministering without my dad knowing that I was ministering. I was also praying for his soul at the same time. Around October, 2005 my dad called me and was like you need to sit down and I was like why and he said " I went to church today and I joined the church. You talking about shouting, praise God. NOw over the last 2 years, I have seen the changes in him, yes he still smokes but I notice God working in him. This spring he joined two choirs at his church and when I did my intial sermon my Dad was right there to support and encourge me.

So I say you don't have to quote scripture all the time, sometimes just speaking the word of God is enough. To this day my dad doesn't realize that I was speaking the bible to him all of that time but God did the rest.

gone_fishing

So, is the word invalid if i's not prefaced with a verse? I take no issue with speaking the word. If you can only communicate with a person by saying "1 Tim 1:4 says".......as opposed to WHAT 1 Tim 1:4 says then why?

Do people only know you're(general you) a believer because you quote bible verses(meaning, book, chapter and verse)?

I know this wasn't directed at me but I wanted to take a stab at it.

No, it's not invalid. I'm not advocating that everything I say MUST be stamped with book:chapter:verse. I guess I'm having a hard time explaining my point. On occasion when I've made an assertion without mentioning biblical references, I get - well what makes you think that or how come you believe that - and I end up having to say God said it - not me to defend my position anyway.

Because let's face it, there are some things that are just so. We may not understand why God ordained certain things a certain way but because HE did, we submit.

In those instances, I can't really explain WHY things are they way they are...sometimes it's one of those "Cause God said so, type of deals" but I know people don't always take kindly to that.

Does that make sense?

Now, of course I'm capable of communicating and saying what I think and feel and believe based on His Word without quoting Him directly but it just saddens me that just because I add that book:chapter:verse that people have to get offended.

Why is the bible so offensive and secular opinion is not. I bet I could go into OT and post something about buddhist principles concerning some aspect of life and say it was a buddhist principle and people would not bat an eye or quote a Muslim Sera and people wouldn't bat an eye.

I just wish they'd let scripture edify those it will edify and if they don't wanna read it they can look over it.

That's what we have to do with all other opinions. If we don't agree we respond but we aren't supposed to be rude about it and eventually we may have to agree to disagree. But not with the Bible...they just don't wanna hear it at all.

alexstin

I know this wasn't directed at me but I wanted to take a stab at it.

No, it's not invalid. I'm not advocating that everything I say MUST be stamped with book:chapter:verse. I guess I'm having a hard time explaining my point. On occasion when I've made an assertion without mentioning biblical references, I get - well what makes you think that or how come you believe that - and I end up having to say God said it - not me to defend my position anyway.

Because let's face it, there are some things that are just so. We may not understand why God ordained certain things a certain way but because HE did, we submit.

In those instances, I can't really explain WHY things are they way they are...sometimes it's one of those "Cause God said so, type of deals" but I know people don't always take kindly to that.

Does that make sense?

Now, of course I'm capable of communicating and saying what I think and feel and believe based on His Word without quoting Him directly but it just saddens me that just because I add that book:chapter:verse that people have to get offended.

Why is the bible so offensive and secular opinion is not. I bet I could go into OT and post something about buddhist principles concerning some aspect of life and say it was a buddhist principle and people would not bat an eye or quote a Muslim Sera and people wouldn't bat an eye.

I just wish they'd let scripture edify those it will edify and if they don't wanna read it they can look over it.

That's what we have to do with all other opinions. If we don't agree we respond but we aren't supposed to be rude about it and eventually we may have to agree to disagree. But not with the Bible...they just don't wanna hear it at all.

Thank you for further explaination. I understand better now.:yep:

alexstin

That's great that your life brought so much conviction to your Dad. I bet you guys are even closer now.:yep:

Alexstin,

I agree with each and every one of your post here. It is not necessary to quote a scripture everytime you speak on the Word of God. Sometimes you can win more soul by not always quoting scripture. Here is an example and a testimony of how God works without always qoting scripture:

My dad and I always partied together, smoke, drink, cuss together. We basically was the same person. I moved away from NY and started to slowly change my life. He didn't. Over the next 3 years when he spoke to me or saw me he would make little comments like: you don't cuss like you use to, then it was you quit smoking, wow, then it was you're not drinking anymore what's up with that. All of that time I would say how God is changing me, my dad would see that when problems can up how calm I was and I would say that becasue I know the Lord and that " ALL THINGS WORKS FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVES THE LORD" I wasn't worried about the outcome becauseI know that " GOD HAS ALREADY WORKED IT OUT". Over time I just lived God, and I was ministering without my dad knowing that I was ministering. I was also praying for his soul at the same time. Around October, 2005 my dad called me and was like you need to sit down and I was like why and he said " I went to church today and I joined the church. You talking about shouting, praise God. NOw over the last 2 years, I have seen the changes in him, yes he still smokes but I notice God working in him. This spring he joined two choirs at his church and when I did my intial sermon my Dad was right there to support and encourge me.

So I say you don't have to quote scripture all the time, sometimes just speaking the word of God is enough. To this day my dad doesn't realize that I was speaking the bible to him all of that time but God did the rest.

Shimmie

Staff member

Of course not....Alextin... :giveheart:

And you've been around here long enough and you've seen more than enough of my posts, threads, etc. which have already given the answer to this question.

God has called each of us to minister as He so chooses. Some reference scripture, some don't. I'm one who often does, sometimes not often enough (for I've been in some threads and have spoken not so Godly--we all have). But when I do speak God's word, it's not to offend nor degrade anyone. I'm ministering the love of God.

What's in me is coming out; speaking the word is natural to me...I don't have to give it a second thought, it will just flow from my heart in the same manner as I breathe and I love it, because I know it's God flowing within me.

In Him, I live and 'move' and breathe and have my being... while scripturally true, it's humanly impossible, but I'm not going to stifle the flow of God just to appease those who disagree or don't like it. I love God too much not to allow His word to grace my mouth.

And in Adequate's heart, I know that she too is only minstering love to people, not preaching. Her heart is full of love and it's God's love she's sharing, a love she consider's far above her own and love which can take people so much further than the love of humans.

There is a balance...Adequate isn't running around quoting scripture to everyone all the time...neither am I. But when we do, it's only flowing from God's heart through ours. :giveheart:

alexstin

Of course not....Alextin... :giveheart:

And you've been around here long enough and you've seen more than enough of my posts, threads, etc. which have already given the answer to this question.

God has called each of us to minister as He so chooses. Some reference scripture, some don't. I'm one who often does, sometimes not often enough (for I've been in some threads and have spoken not so Godly--we all have). But when I do speak God's word, it's not to offend nor degrade anyone. I'm ministering the love of God.

What's in me is coming out; speaking the word is natural to me...I don't have to give it a second thought, it will just flow from my heart in the same manner as I breathe and I love it, because I know it's God flowing within me.

In Him, I live and 'move' and breathe and have my being... while scripturally true, it's humanly impossible, but I'm not going to stifle the flow of God just to appease those who disagree or don't like it. I love God too much not to allow His word to grace my mouth.

And in Adequate's heart, I know that she too is only minstering love to people, not preaching. Her heart is full of love and it's God's love she's sharing, a love she consider's far above her own and love which can take people so much further than the love of humans.

There is a balance...Adequate isn't running around quoting scripture to everyone all the time...neither am I. But when we do, it's only flowing from God's heart through ours. :giveheart:

Thanks for your clarification. It was a misunderstanding.:yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks for your clarification. It was a misunderstanding.:yep:

:kiss: I know and I'm sorry for adding heat to the pot already heated. Forums can be good communicating and bad for expression and interpretations. I know what youwere sharing regarding scripture quote/unquote and I agree.

I'll leave the rest of me alone for now...I was covering too much territory in one thread...:rolleyes:

:bighug: