Regime Library.

Aisha

I realize that there are ALOT of members on this board with various types of hair textures and styling methods(relaxed, pressed, or natural)...I know that it took me a good year of experimentation and trial/error before I got a regime that not only keeps my hair looking nice but is healthy. For example the main points that have helped me are stretching relaxers(12 weeks)weekly settings and limited heat. My hair texture is a 4a/b and I would like to share my regime w/other 4a/b's who are on the board...My point is that for members that have regimes that are working well can we consolidate the regimes in a special area so that there is a library of regimes organized by hair texture and styling method as a reference for all the members? I will send a PM to the moderators...

deeplyrooted

Sounds like a good idea.
It would help out a lot of the newbies. I love the way your mind works, Aisha!

ChasingBliss

Ok, Hoping this is what you meant...Lemme see

Im a 3c/4a type mix..I think
The daily regimen that I have been using has worked quite well and I will soon have pics to show my progress.

I am a daily bun wearer
I use Surge, SCurl and various oils to seal daily.
Oils include Safflower, olive, Kemi.
I do my touch ups every 16 weeks and tend to use LUST and other frizz reducing products towards the last few weeks to help me smoothe out my new growth.

I condition with LeKair cholesterol or Nexxuss Keraphix

When working out consistently, I do daily rinsings or condition washes with Suave's Milk and Honey and the like.

This method has allowed me to retain so much of my growth because my ends hardly ever see air unless Im doing my hair.
Im only in the bun challenge for a few for months but the things I have learned will help me retain my length, even though I will still be wearing buns 90% of the time.
I have never retained this much growth doing anything else.
I also have been taking Vitamin Shoppe's HSN, Pure MSM powder, flaxseed oil liquid, codliver oil for the last 10 months and at the end of April I started taking Freeda Biotin 10 mg.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
It'll be nice to find a whole bunch of regimens in one place, instead of having to search for them. Great Idea!!!

ChasingBliss

OOOOOps, now that I read your post over, I realized that you didnt mean that regimens should be posted here
. DUH! My apologies for not reading carefully...*feeling very stupid right now
* But I do think it's a wonderful idea also. Next time I will learn to read more carefully

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
There is already a thread entitled "Post your regimens" or something like that. People always spell it differently, so who knows what it's called. I do know that it is a very lengthy thread though.

keylargo

geat idea. I've been at this for over a year now and still can't figure out what works best on "my" hair. It's just been trial error.