*Simple Regime* Natural*

happylocks

I have been off of LHCF for along time, since they started charging. I just Paid and Got back on WHOO!!, but the time away I believe has been bad for the healthy of my hair. I have no regime and am not taking care of my Natural hair or my health. I had the best growth when I was on LHCF with my vitamins and having a regime

Natural 4a/b My hair is still at 19+ inches and 24 strecthed. I have new growth but still losing my ends. I just started doing the baggy method last night.

Deman brush D3
Wide two comb
Liv
Ginseng Oil
Sulfur 8
Soy Olive Oil
IC Cream
I dont have any conditioner or shampoo
I dont shampoo but I do use conditioner
ACV/water
My homemade hair cream

Breakage is my problem, keeping the hair that is growing and I dont cut my ends

I would like to develop a regime that is very simple. I have no one that wants to braid my hair and I cant braid, I wear a hijab(head scarve) I cant look like an alien. WHICH HAS HAPPEN MANY TIMES!!!

Any simple regimes including vitamins, products, ect any advice

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Hi happylocks! Welcome back! :wave:

When I do searches and read through old threads, I always remember seeing old posts by you and always wondered where you had gone off to.

Anyways, congrats on achieving 24 inches of natural 4a/b hair. That's a wonderful accomplishment. I can't wait to reach that goal.

I see that you said that you have been experiencing breakage and you don't cut your ends...I think that's why you're experiencing breakage. I was someone who thought I could go forever without trimming. Last week, I did a trim and the little breakage I was having stopped.

As far as my hair regimen, I can't stick with anything. But I think I've found a routine that's going to be simple for me and one that I can stick to for a while. I'm going to shampoo and condition my hair once a week and moisturize daily and style my hair into an unstretched ponypuff. Throughout the months I've been natural, I've been manipulating my hair too much. Now I'm trying to leave my hair alone so it can retain more length.

The products that I currently use are as follows:
Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo (to wash/cleanse)
LeKair Cholesterol Plus (to condition)
Africa's Best Kids Organics Detangling Moisturizing Lotion (to moisturize my puff)
Fantasia Thick N Shine Gel (just got this a couple of days ago, its great for slicking down the edges and protecting them)

When I do two strand twists, I use Blue Magic grease

For vitamins, I take Super B Complex.

Hope that helps! Take care and have fun! :)

natstar

I agree with Pooh, I think trimming is necessary at times (not often).
I wash and twist my hair weekly. Daily I put my twists into a bun. Every night I spritz my ends and then apply a cream then an oil sealant and baggie. I think you will find the baggie method will help with the ends if you keep it up. Also maybe once a month you can use a mild protein. I use fantasia IC reconstructor. It works well. I hope this helps, and I can't wait to get to your length someday ;) My staples are in my sig below.

ETA: for vitamins, I use Liquid Logic vitamins (for overall health)

happylocks

tHANK FOR THE WARM WELCOME!!!

Thank you for the reply Poohbear & Natstar, I remember you Poohbear and I think I was lurking when you went natural. Since only become a Lurker my hair and health has gone down, This forum keeps me going and inspired. I still have not gotten use to changes Or finding where out who the naturals are, but Thank you both, can you explain how you trim. Today I was and did twist and pony with baggie. That was the something I could do without having to spend to much time on my hair. It hurts to comb, so I have to do that when my hair is wet and in the shower.

I dont take any vitamins, but I am looking into a liquid B complex, and a good multi vitamin. Thanks for everything

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
happylocks said:
tHANK FOR THE WARM WELCOME!!!

Thank you for the reply Poohbear & Natstar, I remember you Poohbear and I think I was lurking when you went natural. Since only become a Lurker my hair and health has gone down, This forum keeps me going and inspired. I still have not gotten use to changes Or finding where out who the naturals are, but Thank you both, can you explain how you trim. Today I was and did twist and pony with baggie. That was the something I could do without having to spend to much time on my hair. It hurts to comb, so I have to do that when my hair is wet and in the shower.

I dont take any vitamins, but I am looking into a liquid B complex, and a good multi vitamin. Thanks for everything
My mom actually trimmed my hair. She took it section by section starting at the nape and trimmed like 1/2" an inch. She saturated my hair with moisturizer to each section and combed/smooth through, held it taught, and then trimmed. ;)

natstar

I did my first self trim in August. After much contemplation, I blow dried/flat ironed then trimmed my ends. My hair wasn't dmamaged cause I don't use heat often and the amt of heat I used wasn't a lot. Hopefully others have suggestions if you choose not to straighten and trim. You can trim in twists as well or try other methods to stretch the hair out and trim.

happylocks

Thanks for the suggestions, I dont really trust anyone on my hair to cut it. I will try to cut them while its in twist since thats the style am wearing now

Cheleigh

I just trimmed my ends after 7 months. I put my washed, conditioned, and detangled hair in 18 twists and trimmed the ends (about 1/4"--if I need more trimmed, I can always do it later). There's been a 75% reduction in tangled ends since the trim.

Since you have long hair and wear hijab, can't you just condition wash, apply a leave in like Curls Milkshake or Giovanni Direct, smooth hair back into a low nape bun and put on hijab? Two strand twists, ponytails and buns (low nape ones) will look best in hijab, I think. My routine is pretty simple--I wear shake and go's 85-90% of the time. If my hair were that long, I'd wash and go each morning and pull back (not brush back) into a loosly tied low pony.

Ms Lala

I am trying to do the same thing (retain length) I think my hair is about the same length as yours. Lately I have been sealing my ends with Hollywood beauty castor oil and it is really helping, I only have to use it 1 maybe 2x per week max. You only need a little because it is heavy. I pretty much keep my hair in protective styles and since I cut out heat the ends of my hair have been doing much better. I also have been doing the baggie method during the day underneath my headwrap.

TropicalRose

do you think that your hijab could be contributing to your dry ends? maybe since your hair is ssoo long, you could put it in a bun with the ends inside the bun. this will prevent your hair from rubbing against the fabric. i imagine the fabric robs your hair of oils and such

right now, i have about 8 chunky twists in my hair that i pull back into a pony. i plan to keep it this way until feb. but heres what i do (well ive started doing this last weekend and my hair already feels 100% better):

-trim

-wash (1x per week)

-keep ends moisturized (im using grease again, but only for my ends. i apply every other day)

-moisturize daily (i use a shea butter + almond butter + coconut oil + avocado oil cream that i made from products from "from nature with love". well to be honest, i just started using it this week end but my hair already feels different)

-deep condition (ok ok ok. i had my 1st deep condition this past weekend. my hair was slightly softer than it usually is. im going to do this once a month)

happylocks

Cheleigh Thank you for you suggestions and help I will try the trim with the twist. I have about 12 twist in now. I used to wear a bun, with no twist just my hair combed back, but my hair would be soo dry and I would have to wet it in the shower and comb it out each day or when I wake up it would just be a puff ball.

Ms Lala Thank for you suggestions, I just started the baggie about a day or two ago and I plan to keep my hair in the baggie even with my hijab and while I go out, I use castor Oil every now and then I have my ends wet in the baggie and I have found the three bowbows with this satin like material I have I throw out the cotton like bowbows.

TropicalRose

Thank for the help, I use my own little mixture while my hair is wet. I am using a satin scrave under my regular scraves. I just found my satin scrave again and I am wearing that right now. and I will try to wear it each time I wear my hijab. I think it could be. I dont use cotton, but another type of fabic, I am not sure what kind.