Regimen ideas

ms*x

I have lost ALL my hair! Changing climates/relocating did a doozy on my hair and there was nothing I could do but watch it happen. Now, I need to start over with growth but lost my way.

Can anyone just provide a simple regimen that I can follow? I used to use Sunsilk 24/7 on my hair constantly and my hair grew soooooo much. Since it was discontinued, I got lost and disenchanted.

Help!

HanaKuroi

How did moving make this happen? We move every few years and the climates are always extremely different.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

ms*x

How did moving make this happen? We move every few years and the climates are always extremely different.

if i knew, i would be able to control it. but my hair didn't take kindly to moving from az to va. consider yourself lucky.

ms*x

http://http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082
it would be nice if this were a sticky unto itself. cured my query instantly.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Wow, you moved someplace where there's more humidity. I thought that most people's hair thrived in higher humidity places. I live in Denver, you can't neglect deep conditioning and/or moisturizing and sealing due to the cold weather in the winter and year round low humidity.

I'm sure someone who lives in VA and/or in a similar climate will come and give you some suggestions. Good Luck!

ETA: You must of found and posted your answer while I was typing.

Last edited:

Topsido

I'll start with the water. Check if the water is hard or soft first. People tend to underestimate what hard water can do to your hair. If it's hard water, however you do your regimen, you NEED a chelating shampoo in there. Don't think a clarifying shampoo alone will do the same thing unless the product says it is both chelating and clarifying.

ms*x

Wow, you moved someplace where there's more humidity. I thought that most people's hair thrived in higher humidity places. I live in Denver, you can't neglect deep conditioning and/or moisturizing and sealing due to the cold weather in the winter and year round low humidity.

I'm sure someone who lives in VA and/or in a similar climate will come and give you some suggestions. Good Luck!

ETA: You must of found and posted your answer while I was typing.

the humidity wore my hair OUT! i have no idea why - i changed absolutely nothing in my former regimen. in arizona, my hair thrived. the dry heat combined with the moisture i applied almost twice daily worked. i truly believe it was the winters that got me, though.

ms*x

I'll start with the water. Check if the water is hard or soft first. People tend to underestimate what hard water can do to your hair. If it's hard water, however you do your regimen, you NEED a chelating shampoo in there. Don't think a clarifying shampoo alone will do the same thing unless the product says it is both chelating and clarifying.

this is good. will do!

HanaKuroi

ms*x said:
if i knew, i would be able to control it. but my hair didn't take kindly to moving from az to va. consider yourself lucky.

I moved to Alaska a few years ago from the DMV.

Your hair issues sound almost like it happened overnight. Almost instantly. I was trying to understand. You really gave no information other than it's breaking off. Are you relaxed, regimen, how long this has been going on. There was no information.

HanaKuroi

Nevermind, I see now that this didn't happen overnight.

southerncitygirl

ms*x
use sulfate free poo
get a shower filter
get a humidifier for low dewpoints or winter months
if the dewpoint is low watch the humectants in products
deep condition
consider the use of hardcore protein once a month

what is your current reggie and you you natural or relaxed?

bhndbrwneyes

I used to live in VA and relocated to GA 2 years ago. The climate is pretty similiar. GA is hotter but VA has more humidity. I heard that winter in VA this year was pretty harsh. But I really don't think that the change in climate would have caused all this without your control as you made it out to sound. Maybe since you were relocating and obviously very busy and preoccupied that you might have neglected your regimen? As everyone is asking, did you have a regular regimen before? And if so, was it working?