regimine for 4a/b

KAddy

My regimen:

I shampoo my hair 1x per week (sometime 1.5 times) with PhytoSpecific Products. I do a pre-shampoo treatment with a mix I made (castor oil and coconut oil with lavender, cedarwood, ylang ylang, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils added). I always deep condition with each shampoo as well.

As for protein, well I am still trying to use this like I should. My relaxer (PHYTORELAXER) comes with a mild protein (similar to keraphix) so I use that every 2 weeks and mix it with my PhytoSpecific conditioner of choice. I have Emergencee and use that one week after I relax.

I do not use direct heat on the length of my hair. I will use a flat iron on my roots at times when I get to 10 weeks post relaxer.

I do use indirect heat. Meaning I mainly rollerset my hair and I will sit under a hooded dryer with the heat on medium.

Nightly styles. I have gotten out of the wrapping my hair at night, so I mainly pincurl my hair at night. Nothing else really. I apply the same oil mix that I use for a pre-shampoo treatment on my scalp nightly as well. I also apply castor oil with sandalwood added to the length of my hair; paying special attention to my ends.

I only trim when I need to.

Vitamins: I take a regular ole multivitamin for women that also has iron, calcium, and zinc. I also take 1600 mcg of Biotin. I recently added (as of 1/23/05) Silica gel to my vitamin list. I also take aloe vera juice (2 oz/day), but I take this for digestive reasons.

ms_kenesha

Shampoo & Conditioning

After touch-ups: Extreme Protein Treatment with Aphogee

Every other week: Mild protein treatment - Aubrey's GPB, followed by Tropical Milk Protein

Every week or every 2 weeks: Shampoo with the Nioxin Smoothing Protectives Line and deep condition with Tropical Milk Protein.

Every 3 to 7 days: Con-wash with V05 Blueberries & Cream, Strawberries & Cream, or Pina Colada. *More likely in the summer*

Styling

Use Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-frizz cream after washing. Use Neutrogena Triple Moisture before rollersetting or use Redken Heat Glide before blow-drying or heat styling. Rollerset 95% of time.

Go to salon every 4 weeks for rollerset/blowout, or every two weeks when newgrowth gets harder to manage. (Haven't really been doing this, but I want to start again)

Chemical Processes

Relaxers every 8-10 weeks; do a clarifying shampoo and a protein treatment 3-7 days before a relaxer and apply aloe vera gel to hair prior to relaxing new growth as well.

bellydancer

weekly
shampoo with Creme of Nature
Condition with Silk elements cholesterol
Moisturize with Pro-Line Comb-thru Softener
Baggie challenge

Wear baggie everyday under phony pony and sleep with plastic cap on head at night. Spritz with homemade hair moisturizer/strengthener: Infusium 23 diluted 50/50 with water and glycerin b4 putting on cap.

Babygurl

For starters I have a picture of all the products I use in my fotki album.

I wash and deep condition (with heat) my hair every 3-4 days with a moisturizing conditioner, every other week Ill use a mild protein conditioner, and if I have breakage Ill use Aphogee.

I airdry and wear buns 95% of the time and most times Ill do the baggie method to keep my ends moist.

When I use heat I flat-iron my hair and wrap to keep it maintained.

I relax once every 10-14 weeks with a no-lye relaxer.

MonaLisa

Wash 1 -1.5 times a week

Deep Condition afterwards, alternating between protein and moisturizing conditioners.

If breakage, Aphoghee treatment (although going to try Emergencee)

I air dry at home or get rollerset at salon.

Keep that hair moisturized, baby the ends.

Touch ups now at minimum of 12 weeks if not longer.

Happy Hair Growing!!!:look:

o/t -babygurl...u are killing me with the hair! good gawd. yes...there is hope for us 4a/b's. we gonna grow too!

HWAY

I apply Aubrey GPB and leave in for 30 minutes, then wash and deep condition with Elucence moisturing shampoo and conditioner weekly.

I moisturize with My Honey Child type 4 creme (apply to my scalp) and follow up with moelle de bouef mixed with castor oil (apply to hair and ends) and wrap my hair at night.

Babygurl

MonaLisa said:
Wash 1 -1.5 times a week

Deep Condition afterwards, alternating between protein and moisturizing conditioners.

o/t -babygurl...u are killing me with the hair! good gawd. yes...there is hope for us 4a/b's. we gonna grow too!

Also, off-topic, thanks SO much Ms. Mona for the compliment, and yes 4a/b's can do it and do it WELL!!!

gymfreak336

Wash every 3-4 days

Shampoo with one of the following- Nexxus sleektress shampoo, elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair, elasta qp scalp stimulating shampoo, ors aloe and ors uplifting shampoo

Rinse hair and follow with porosity control conditioner for just a minute (I only do this step when I have alot of newgrowth)

Condition with either ORS replenishing conditioner, Pantene breakage defense mask or Kenra moisturizing conditioner for atleast 15-20 minutes.

I also use Joico Kpak intense hydrator conditioner every other week.

If I feel I need extra protein I will use joico kpak for just a couple of minutes or smooth and shine silk fusion conditioner packet.

I apply my leave ins, sunsilk creams or giovanni direct and rollerset. I spray my whole head with nexxus heat protexx spray before going under the dryer.

I lighly oil my scalp with something like kemi oil or ORS scalp relief oil. I massage in into my scalp and out through my ends. I will use a cream moisturizer maybe the day after a fresh wash but I usually don't have to use anything until 2 days after if that at all.

After I hit the 4 week post mark, I will pre saturate my hair in oil like coconut or amla to make my newgrowth softer when washing.

kiesha8185

-I henna/indigo at least twice a month (I clarify on these days.)
-I use Nexxus Emergencee for breakage once a month.
-I use Toque Emergencia for shedding twice a month.
-I am on a year-long stretch for 2008, but after that I will probably relax once every 4 months.
-I wash my hair once a week (the only day I comb my hair).

1. Saturate dirty/dry hair and scalp with Ayurvedic oils. Don't rinse out.
2. Saturate oiled hair with Ayurvedic mixture (amla, shikakai, henna, indigo).
3. Rinse out with hot water for five minutes.
4. Deep condition with Pantene R & N Mask.
5. Add leave-in (Fermodyl 619) on damp hair.
6. Airdry.
7. Baggy my ends with a roller with silk scarf every night until next wash.
8. Every couple days, I moisturize with NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream.

newflowers

My Saturday regime consists of a preshampoo with castor and camellia oils mixed with essential oils of rosemary and peppermint which I allow to percolate for an hour or longer, wash with phytoneutre or ors olive shampoo, protein treatment with a blend of silk, wheat, marine, cottonseed under the dryer for 20-30 minutes, rinse, deep condition with phytojoba or icon inner home, rinse, phyto7 leave in, seal with a blend of castor and camellia oils - just a few drops, roller set. When I get home, up it goes.

My Wednesday regime consists of shampoo with phytojoba, deep condition with phytojoba with heat, phyto7 leavein, seal with a blend of castor and camellia oils, and into a bun.

On all other days, I cowash, leavein, seal, and put into a little bun.

morehairplease

My Saturday regime consists of a preshampoo with castor and camellia oils mixed with essential oils of rosemary and peppermint which I allow to percolate for an hour or longer, wash with phytoneutre or ors olive shampoo, protein treatment with a blend of silk, wheat, marine, cottonseed under the dryer for 20-30 minutes, rinse, deep condition with phytojoba or icon inner home, rinse, phyto7 leave in, seal with a blend of castor and camellia oils - just a few drops, roller set. When I get home, up it goes.

My Wednesday regime consists of shampoo with phytojoba, deep condition with phytojoba with heat, phyto7 leavein, seal with a blend of castor and camellia oils, and into a bun.

On all other days, I cowash, leavein, seal, and put into a little bun.

newflowers,

can you post how much of each you use in this treatment, please?

tia,
tishee

JustKiya

I have a 8 week cycle of my hair, and I leave it in two strand twists for two weeks at a time, which I usually wear in a flat twisted updo.

I DC with a watered down cheapie con & do an ayurvedic rinse on twisted hair on the even weekends
On the odd weekends I do: Henna/Caramel/Protion/Caramel for a full 8 week cycle.

During the week, I take down my updo (usually on Wednesday) and give myself a scalp masage with amla oil. I also give myself scalp massages everytime I wash my hair.

Last edited:

Nola Darling

DDS...Don't Do ****.

It's my new regimen. Of coarse I'll be moisturizing and I'll be careful with the heat when I use it. But I want to see how not thinking about my hair works.

dreysonsmommy2011

** 2008 Regimen**
I realized that less is more when it comes to growing my hair so here is my K.I.S.S. regimen, BTW I am 4a hair type

*Wash and deep condition hair every Saturday
(I alternate between protein or moisturizing deep conditioner)
~ Before I wash my hair I pre-poo with either Olive Oil Cholesterol or Ghee unsalted butter for atleast 1 hour. Sometimes I add honey to my pre-poos~
*Protective styling daily-I alternate between buns and flexi rod sets.
*Baggy hair atleast 4x weekly
*Moisturize twice daily and seal with oil
* Very minimal heat usage and combing
* I Always airdry my hair
* take my vitamins daily and tie my hair with a satin/silk bonnet nightly

Lady Esquire

Step-by-Step Regimen from my fotki journal:

1. PRE-TREATMENT - before shampooing, w/a variation of following, on dry hair: oil on dry hair, heat under plastic cap. When I have a lot of new growt,: I mix a variation of these:
---Honey,
---Coconut milk and coconut oil,
---Conditioner, or
---Mango/Carrot cholesterol (not as much)

I heat this concoction in the microwave first, apply it to my hair, and gently detangle my hair with a shower comb.

2. FINGER-PART in 2-6 braids or loose scrunchies – depends on amt of ng

3. SHAMPOO THREE-PART STEP:

---Undue each part individually and
---Shampoo roots ONLY –
-----(most of the time, I conditioner-wash)

---Re-braid sections or put hair back into scrunchy

4. CONDITION: Used to use six-week regimen from Carolyn Gray's book. Now I am simplifying my products. I use Silicon Mix w/KeraCare Humecto...

5. Apply w/Capilo Sole and Cinnamon or Roux Porosity Control, detangle, then rinse.

7. Add leave-in conditioner: Giovanni Direct Leave-In (lately I have done what Lauren450 does, which is to simply use oil, but I use Leave-In and oil, if I have a lot of ng)

8. Airdry or Rollerset (mohawk, reverse style) - Use spritz bottle with plain water with each section, if I rollerset

9. DETANGLE Gently – with wide-tooth comb

10. MOISTURIZE on daily basis–

--Leave-in
--S-Curl (only if I am going to bun my hair up...using this less and less lately...too much build-up) Lately I use Giovanni Direct-Leave-in daily
--Seal or jojoba, coconut, or avocado oil to seal in moisture

11. TREAT ENDS: Profectiv - Anti-Breakage (I Use only for my baggies now, haven't in months)

12. TREAT NEW GROWTH: Soften Dry NG (when necessary)
--Finger-parting small sections and
--Spritzing NG w/a concoction of water and natural oils

13. STYLE:
--mostly in a bun, i.e., donut bun (as main protective style)
--(I need to bun less because it is straining my nape)
--roller set once a week or every other week

14. RELAX: Affirm - every 12 weeks
(Used to use Optimum and Mizani, and experienced underprocessing and severe matting)

15. BEDTIME:
--Baggie, or
--Hair in a bun with one big roller at end and
--Silk scarf (always, always, always) if it falls off, my satin pillow is a backup.

charmtreese

My Regimen:

Once every 3-5 months (3x's a year)

1. Professional touch-up

Once a week

1. Pre-treat
2. Cleanse with Conditioner
3. Deep condition
4. Detangle w/ comb and Rollerset to dry
5. Use scarf method to lay down edges and ng

Daily

1. Fingercomb/message at night with moisturizer, seal w/ buttermix & oil, pincurl and tie with satin scarf
2. Finger style into loose bun in the morning with jojoba oil

MonaLisa

Wash 1 -1.5 times a week

I'm laughing.. :lol:

My original post hasn't really changed that much other than when it comes to washing it's a shampoo bar or a sulfate free poo aka CON/Jason's.

For breakage, fallen back on using the heavy Aphogee and moreso using light/medium protein conditioners.

Condition on dry hair overnight/follow up with additional deep conditioning.

Main products used are in siggy.

sylver2

touchup 2-3 times a year.

--braidout-80% of time
wash hair every 2 weeks. ntm ddc -10mins
comb only on wash day. Rusk leave in & lacio.
6 braids..wear braidout for 2 weeks rebraiding two braids only once.
ntm silk touch evry single day as moisturizer. serum/jojoba oil on ends
scarf every night with hair hanging out back & bonnet.never combing

--straight-20% of time
wash hair every 2 weeks. ntm ddc & P&T masque-10mins
comb only on wash day. Rusk leave in. john frieda frizz ease serum.
blow dry in scetions. maxiglide in sections
ntm silk touch evry single day as moisturizer. serum/jojoba oil on ends
scarf every night with hair hanging out back & bonnet.never combing

yardgirl

REGULAR REGIMEN

Once per week, shampoo with CON Old Formula (it's so moisturising I don't need to pre-poo) and then maybe ORS Creamy Aloe if I want to clarify.

After shampooing, I do a light protein treatmeant with ORS Mayo or Aphogee 2 Minute. I recently bought Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla but I haven't tried it yet.I follow up the protein with Humecto as my moisturizing DC. BPT Wheat Germ Conditioner is in my stash, let's see if it becomes a keeper.

After shampoo and DC, I apply Chi Silk Infusion or One n Only Argan Oil :lick:. Maybe mix one of those with Keracare Foam Wrap Lotion and sit under a dryer. I usually add CSI or OOAO again when I'm dry to give my hair shine.

Twice a day, I moisturize with Organics by Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil

Daily, apply Claudie's Elixir and/or Megatek to scalp and edges.

WEAVE REGIMEN

Shampoo and DC entire head every 10 to 14 days

Shampoo and DC leave out every 5 to 7 days. Apply Chi Silk Infusion to wet leave out, dry with blow dryer on cool setting (aka super fast air drying), apply Chi Silk Infusion to dried leave out, spray on flat iron heat protection spray and then flat iron with Sedu on lowest setting (250 degrees.)

Moisturize Leave out twice a day with Organics by Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil

Moisturize canerow base (you say cornrows?) with S Curl 360 Stylin' Afro Hair Softener. I prefer it over Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist. It's funny how products bought on a whim can become staples :yep:

Once or twice per day I apply growth aids to my edges and that little bald spot *sigh*

Last edited: