beauty salons, hair restoration centers and beauty education. The agreement
will combine Sally Beauty Company's 2,419 Sally Beauty stores, 822 Beauty
Systems Group outlets and 1,244-person direct sales force with Regis' 10,952
beauty salons, operated under brand names such as Regis, Supercuts, Vidal
Sassoon, SmartStyle and Trade Secret, 90 hair restoration centers and 35
beauty education schools. Sally generated revenues of $2.25 billion and
pre-tax operating earnings of $224 million in the fiscal year ended September
30, 2005.

I can't tell if this is good or bad news.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Welllllllllll maybe they will pick up some more professional lines. The only thing I'm worried about is prices going up. Since I've cut back on certain ingredients I cant shop for much other than styling tools, appliances and the hairshaper razor thingys I do my eyebrows with.

littleaudie

Being an African American buyer, this will have little to no impact on my hair and supply needs. Almost all the mentioned salons cater to Caucasian type hair. I would imagine that now they'll sell more products at the salon or have a sally's connected to it -most of these chain salons are located in some type of mall environment.

hairmaster

littleaudie said:
Being an African American buyer, this will have little to no impact on my hair and supply needs. Almost all the mentioned salons cater to Caucasian type hair. I would imagine that now they'll sell more products at the salon or have a sally's connected to it -most of these chain salons are located in some type of mall environment.

I see black stylist and clients in REGIS salons. the only thing I can see is the ability to buy proffesional product if you don't have proffesional liscense

littleaudie

hairmaster said:
I see black stylist and clients in REGIS salons. the only thing I can see is the ability to buy professional product if you don't have professional license

Regis is that in the tri state area? The other mentioned salons, Trade Secret, Super cuts etc... there might be a few African Americans scatted through out. But I think they have a primary client. I'm not mad about it... I just sayin':look:

Most of the products I use for my hair I can't even purchase in SALLY'S

Eiano

All I need are my gallon conditioners to stay cheap... OR ELSE REGIS.... OR ELSE!:mad: