Regrowth of hair after medication???

Kiadodie

Has anyone experienced hair coming out due to medication or know of anyone that has? I just want to know if my hair will come back now that I'm off the medication? If anyone knows or read anything pertaining to this please let me know..thanks

alireno

My father had cancer and started losing his hair due to the various medications. He decided to go ahead and shave his head. However, when he went into remission and stopped taking some of those medications, his hair did come back. When it grew back, it was a totally different texture than his old hair.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
You may want to check out Crystal Devin's site:
Crystal's Royal Secrets

She started losing her hair while being treated for breast cancer. That's how she developed her product line. I really like her Sheep Sorrell Ointment. I'm a full blown product junkie and I buy A LOT of hair products. The Sheep Sorrell Ointment is one of the products that I know I will purchase again. Every night, I massage it into the part of my hair that was damaged at my last touch-up.

I don't know if your hair is natural or relaxed. The Sheep Sorrel might be too heavy for relaxed hair. It isn't real greasy--it's just kind of sticky... The ingredients are sheep sorrel, castor oil and beeswax. I can't see getting a light or bouncy look with this product in the hair... It doesn't smell the greatest, either. I've been mixing it with Natural Island Pomade. I recently threw in some Hairobics Scalp Booster.

My "Homemade Pomade".

nita4

kia,

Both of my sister in laws lost their hair in the past due to medications/illness. One lost her hair after using a permanent dye product which triggered Lupus in her body. Her hair has grown back several times and she is now experimenting with dreds. I say experimenting because she is worse then I am when making up her mind about her hair
My other sister in law started menopause and the medication she stated on literally took her hair out in clumps. After wearing braids for a season she is now sporting a cute short do. Yes, your hair will grow back.
The only instance that I know of is a co-worker who had a brain tumor in college - she is Asian and she wears a wig because her hair won't grow.

Kiadodie

I started taking Zoloft for my PMS 4 years ago and now my hair is majorly thin...I'm slowly reducing the zoloft and planning to stop at the end of April. I hope my hair will slowly return..please pray for me. Thanks

azul11

I think dont quote me that the lady who made the bargello vitamin/supplement regime had a illness and was on medications too and came up with the bargello regime to grow her hair. i am soooooo not sure about this i cant even remember if this is true.
God bless you all.

fletgee

I take medication for various injuries(spinal,nerve,and joint damage,asthma,& heart problems-just to name a few) and needless to say they have wrecked havoc on my hair. It became very thin,lifeless,limp,and dry. I went from shoulder to barely nape length. That was the reason that I started the 365 day challenge in 2000-- to get my hair healthy. I am still on all this medication (which I will have to take the rest of my life), however, in learning how to properly care for my hair it is now in a very healthy state! I was not looking to do anything but get my hair healthy, but my hair has also grown very well. It does grow slow (probably due to the meds), but is now pass my shoulders! I am very pleased, so yes, it can be done!

Jade21

Kia,

Your hair will grow back!!! Once the medication is completely out of your system and the recovery period starts, it should grow back like gangbusters!

First, I can say myself that when my hair was mid-back length, I had a horrible allergic reaction to an antibiotic (ampicilin) which nearly killed me and caused me to lose a load of hair. My hair was shedding like crazy for about 4 months after the worst of the allergic reaction was over. In other words, the reaction's effects impacted my hair at the very end. I know I was lucky that my hair was very thick because otherwise I would have had bald spots throughout. I could comb my hair and just see strands which were broken off underneath...so debilitationg and demoralizing.

But, after a couple of months after the shedding, my hair really started growing back and recovering. No long-term problems

The second thing is that Zoloft you mentioned. I have several friends who were prescibed that for bad PMS and they have all lost certain amounts of hair...a fair amount. But, once off the drug, no problems.

Much Love,

Jade

Kiadodie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jade21 said:
Kia,

Your hair will grow back!!! Once the medication is completely out of your system and the recovery period starts, it should grow back like gangbusters!

The second thing is that Zoloft you mentioned. I have several friends who were prescibed that for bad PMS and they have all lost certain amounts of hair...a fair amount. But, once off the drug, no problems.

Much Love,

Jade

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Jade
!!!! So after they stopped the Zoloft their hair came back??? This is great news!!! THank you so much
THis is very encouraging!!!