Relax or don't relax before braids?

prettygrl

Relax or don\'t relax before braids?

I have always wondered whether it's best not to relax before getting braids. I have never had microbraids and I am getting them for the first time on Tuesday. I just got a relaxer a week ago. Should I wait before getting braids??

LuvableLady

Re: Relax or don\'t relax before braids?

DON'T DO IT. I did that and the relaxed hair matted up. This is one of the reason's why my transitioning time was cut short. It will be a mess if you relax and then braid, it was for me. Talk about knots.

If I were you, I would wait until it is almost touch up time again before getting braids. I wound not recommend that to my worst enemy.

Kamilla16

Luvable Lady is right

Don't relax before gettin braids. Besides matting up your hair it will also cause the braids to slip easier. Wait till atleast 2-3 after your touch-up to get braids.

HOTCHOCOLATE

[ QUOTE ]
I have always wondered whether it's best not to relax before getting braids. I have never had microbraids and I am getting them for the first time on Tuesday. I just got a relaxer a week ago. Should I wait before getting braids??

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually wait a month after my touch-up. Also, just in case I also wait a month for my re-touch after I take the braids down.