Relaxed head dying for advice. . .

thebelleofelle

Happy 2011 ladies!!! :yay:

So I'm a good 7 months post and I was trying the whole natural thing but after realizing I can get the curls I want from a twist out decided to end my natural journey and get back to the straight life.

Anywho...I bought my perm today and after reading a lot about protein/moisture balance I got some Aphogee 2-step protein treatment. My question is wouldn't it be optimal to use it after I perm and neutralize verses waiting 2 weeks after my perm to do it??

just a tid bit of extra info: I have the NTM leave-in to use after the whole perming and/or protein process.

I need my LHCF sistas help :cry2::perplexed:spinning:

Stepiphanie

From my experience when I was relaxed it is best to use a mild protein vs the hard one right after the relaxer process. A two step treatment would be to harsh and may sting the scalp right after a relaxer.

danysedai

I think there ladies here who do just that, Aphogee after washing the relaxer but before neutralizing. I use one of the affirm reconstructors before neutralizing.

Do you think NTM leave in would be too light a moisturizer to use after the relaxer?

thebelleofelle

thankx for your responses. I have definitely been searching for an answer but out of the 150 who viewed this thread, you're the only two with some help.

@danysedai I really wouldn't know if its too light. I recently started using it on my transitioning hair and my hair loves it. I did a protein treatment about a week ago and my hair seemed so brittle but once I used NTM it was happy.

I guess using NTM on relaxed hair will be another test.

lilikoi

You might want to try the aphogee 2-min treatment instead of the 2-step (why did they name these products so similarly? Good luck with your relaxer.

MarieB

You might want to try the aphogee 2-min treatment instead of the 2-step (why did they name these products so similarly? Good luck with your relaxer.

I second this. I usually use Aphogee 2-minute as my protein step, then Roux Porosity Control after I neutralize. BTW, I use NTM all the time: relaxed, BKT'd, whatever, and my hair loves it. Good luck.

*CherryPie*

But they use the 2 minute, NOT the 2 step.

I think there ladies here who do just that, Aphogee after washing the relaxer but before neutralizing. I use one of the affirm reconstructors before neutralizing.

Do you think NTM leave in would be too light a moisturizer to use after the relaxer?

candita

Aphogee makes a 2 minute keratin protein treatment (NOT to be confused with the 2 step) that'd be good to use with a relaxer. Follow with a neutralizing shampoo and a deep conditioner!

If you do a search for "Relaxer" and "protein" there are several other threads that I think you'll find helpful!