Relaxed Heads - Do you oil/seal your hair daily?

How often do you oil/seal your hair

• 2x a day

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • 1x a day

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • A few times a month

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Never

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters

sunnieb

I remember when I used to oil my hair 2x a day. Then it was 1x a day. I've noticed lately that I don't remember to use oil everyday because my hair doesn't need it.

I'm currently using castor oil because of the harsh cold weather coming, but I also use EVCO and hot six oil.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I oil my ng and seal as needed during warm months but tend to do it quite frequently during my stretch (regardless of season) and in the winter months.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I voted 2x per day, but that's primarily because I am under both a Wig & Durag.

If wasn't, it probably wouldn't be that often.:yep:

And yes, I'll continue this Regimen throughout the Colder Months.

I may even put on a Plastic Cap under the Durag/Wig on Wash-Days and give myself a HOT (Hot Oil Treatment).

Will pull out the heavier creams, lotions, pomades, butters and oils Fall/Winter

carletta

I SEAL WITH FILTERD H2O,EVOO & KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY...... 1X IN THE MORNING & 1X AT NITE BEFORE I PUT MY SATIN CAP ON AT NIGHT.... ITS WORKING QUITE WELL FOR ME. I HAD TO DO SOMETHING AFTER CUTTING OFF 3-4 INCHES OF BAD ENDS EARLIER PART OF THE SUMMER :-/

NaturalEnigma

I remember when I used to oil my hair 2x a day. Then it was 1x a day. I've noticed lately that I don't remember to use oil everyday because my hair doesn't need it.

The same thing happened to me. I guess I weaned my hair off of oil, but then when I realized I hadn't been using it I panicked and starting sealing again. I guess I thought my hair was going to break if I ultimately stopped.

SmileyNY

Yes. I sleep with my hair in two braids. I moisturize w/Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter leave-in & seal my ends with Castor Oil.

In the morning, I lightly apply a little Giovanni leave in and a pinch of jojoba oil to the length of my hair.

Sent from my iPhone.

LaidBak

I apply oil (or whipped oil/butter) nightly to my ends and hairline. I cant apply all over because my hair is fine and would get greasy too quickly. The only time I was able to retain was when I did this religiously. Im trying to regain my discipline.

kupenda

I oil my hair everyday. If I miss a day, my hair gets out of control. I will use something light like Vatika Frosting or jojoba so as not to weigh down my hair. I dont moisturize as often because I dont like any of the ones I have used to date

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ATLcutey20

I moisturize and seal every night. Right now I'm using grapeseed oil which I like alot. I was using Vaktika oil which is great, but I got tired of melting it.

LoveBeautyKisses

I moisture daily but I rarely seal. I need to get into a habit of doing that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

I used to religiously, but I don't know. I moisturize as needed which is usually about 1-2x a week between washes. I think hair length is a big factor in that my hair is still short so I don't need to do it as often.

NYDee

If I plan to wear my hair straight for the whole week then I only use something like Moroccan Oil or a serum. Otherwise, I use a moisturizing lotion with a bit of oil and spray it with water a bit.

AnjelLuvs

How exactly are oyu guys sealing, as wouldn't oiling daily weigh hair down... Make it stiff, I mean that is if wearing hair out...

Mische

Moisturizing is pointless to me if I don't follow it with sealing, so I do it 1-2x a day.

As for avoiding the weighed down look I moisturize in a lot of sections, but follow up with oil in two big sections.

MariposaSexyGirl

I use to but I don't anymore. Every now and then I may add a tiny bit of olive oil to my ends. When I wear my hair down I don't like it looking greasy and weighed down. I like to keep the swing to my hair.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I moisturize just about daily... only use about 2 drops of oil total in my entire head to prevent my hair from feeling weighed down.

almondjoi85

I voted a few times a week. If I oiled my hair daily it would be greezed ... yes I said GREEZED down to my face and scalp ... LoL

SmileyNY

Everybody's hair is different. My hair is extra thick & thirsty. By the end of the day, it needs to be moisturized and sealed again. I've been lucky enough to get to know my own hair... and I know what it needs to thrive. The proof is in the pudding. So far so good :)

Sent from my iPhone.

Britt

How exactly are oyu guys sealing, as wouldn't oiling daily weigh hair down... Make it stiff, I mean that is if wearing hair out...

This is exactly why I can't do this. My hair def holds products and it doesn't take much to weigh it down and make it oily and heavy feeling. I don't hv dry hair. My hair is always conditioned and feels soft. The only area I def up the moisture on is my nape and edges when my roots grow in. Maybe if I were natural i'd need more moisture? Idk, probably.

Sent using Sprint HTC