relaxed ladies, how often do u wash/CW yr hair?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Do you wash more often when u have short hair or wait longer to wash long hair?:perplexed I have no ideas how often to wash because I daily CWD when I was texlaxed. PLease share your tips w. me as well as any styles u do. Thanx!:D

Tee

I wash every 4 or 5 days. I found that washing a little less was better for me. (I was washing 2 - 3 times a week before)

I am on a growing spell so I wear a lot of protective styles. (pony tails, buns, or a braid out pony tail.) HTH some.

Catina72

I was washing/cw almost daily. I just got a fresh relaxer on Wednesday and now I will start washing every 3 days and deep conditioning 1 x per week with heat cap. I always air dry and wear up with a satin scrunchie, never wear it down. HTH too.

DDTexlaxed

Right now my hair short and I can only wear it down.:lol: I'll try the every 3 day wash for right now. Any other comments?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My hair is short also, and I co wash daily, or at most every other day. I always air dry and comb my hair after it's dried.

DDTexlaxed

B_Phlyy said:
My hair is short also, and I co wash daily, or at most every other day. I always air dry and comb my hair after it's dried.

Once I get my pics, maybe we can do a grow out challenge.:D What do u CW with?

ccd

I CW 3x per wk, detangle with fingers at every Cwash, but I put a comb in it about 1x week.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
DDtexlaxd said:
Once I get my pics, maybe we can do a grow out challenge.:D What do u CW with?

I mostly co wash with V05 and White Rain. I'm waiting on some pics too.

sassyhair

I wash once a week and sometimes co wash once a week (sometimes I am tempted to do more if my hair feels bad). I style my hair in a banana clip or rollerset. I do a ponytail rollerset to airdry all the time. I either comb that out and wear it like that if it completely dried over night or I will comb it into the banana clip. I love co washing with proclaim aloe and shea butter conditioner and I conditioner after that with silk elements mega cholesterol.

ladybug71

Wash once a week and/or co-wash once a week. I will co-wash 2x per week depending on how much I work out to wash out the sweat.

LovelyLionessa

I used to co-wash quite frequently, approx. 4-5x a week when I was heat free. But I have since recently revised my regimen, and currently I wash 1x a week as to accomodate heat styling. I pre-poo, then poo, and condition and then proceed with my styling routine.

goldensensation

I wash at least 2X per week (no more than twice with shampoo, the rest with conditioner or CON); usually every other day in the summer.

SweetAKA

I wash once a week. I tried to wash daily but my hair didnt like that to much (dryness and frizz). So what I do is alternate between weeks....one week I put on the Silk Elements Hair Mayo treatment first, sit under a dryer with that for 15-20min, then rinse and shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo. The following week I will just wash normal using my regular conditioners. This so far has helped me out a lot. I notice that my hair isnt as dry as it use to be and its a lot easier to manage.