Relaxed ladies that are X weeks post and say they can't comb through their hair...

glamazon386

Re: Relaxed ladies that are X weeks post and say they can't comb through their hair..

I think what some natchals don't understand is how much two contrasting textures is a beast!

It's not fun.

Some of us have 2 and 3 different natural textures, then to add (bone?) straight ends into the equation.:nono:

My natural hair has coils so naturally it wants to wrap around itself, which makes my relaxed ends want to join the party.:ohwell: Unlike everyone else, it's not my roots that give me issues it's my relaxed ends. Those two are like oil and water. I texlax because it makes the contrast a little bit more alike which makes it a *little* easier.

But yes, I can def. see why people would have trouble combing.

I used to have the same problem so I just opted not to comb it. Then I had a mess on my hands. :nono: Believe it or not, I had more tangles as a relaxed head than I do as a natural. I think it was the combination of the new growth, the relaxed hair, breakage, splits, etc. all together that made it a battle to comb.

Also, as naturals we had to learn how to comb and care for our hair right? People who are stretching may not have figured that part out yet.

naturalmanenyc

Re: Relaxed ladies that are X weeks post and say they can't comb through their hair..

My new growth is super curly, 4a spirals, and it wraps around itself. I have like 2 inches of 4a spirals (16 weeks of ng) and I have 3 textures now, ng, texlax & relaxed. It's easily a tangled mess without the right products....which I am still trying to locate. I find that the products I used on relaxed hair do not work on 16 weeks of ng.

I don't think it's my ng that is the problem though but the other textures that wrap themselves up in the coils. I just used French Perm Stabilizer this weekend and it worked wonders for combing through 3 textures with ease.

Last edited: