Relaxed Ladies who are at least 12 weeks post.....How are you wearing your hair???

sunnieb

I know you ladies know how to keep your hair looking marvelous even while stretching to great lengths! :grin:

Post pics of your hair that's at least 12 weeks post. Be sure to let us know how far along you are in your stretch.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Re: Relaxed Ladies who are at least 12 weeks post.....How are you wearing your hair??

My hair doesn't look marvelous in my opinion.

I put my hair in banana clips or high buns. I'm not on my iPhone to quickly add updated photos. But here are 2 photos of how I wear my hair. Pic 1 is a high bun using a banana clip after a twist or braid out. Pic 2 is a ponytail using a banana clip...I air dry with pigtail rollersets and on occasions i'll put a roller on the front for a side swoop, if not...i just use sylver2's scarf method to lay the front down smooth

ETA: I'm currently 6 months post relaxer. As long as I get my new growth stretched my maintenance is easier.

Attachments

• hairshop2.jpg
    hairshop2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 119
  • hairshop.jpg
    hairshop.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Re: Relaxed Ladies who are at least 12 weeks post.....How are you wearing your hair??

@MileHighDiva

http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/relaxer-stretching-/

The scarf method has been coined the Sylver2 scarf method but since she's not around anymore maybe I should add the scarf method to my fotki.

ETA: You can YouTube scarf method...theirs plenty of videos there. I even have one on there I uploaded 2 yrs ago. I forgot I had that.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

@MileHighDiva

http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/relaxer-stretching-/

The scarf method has been coined the Sylver2 scarf method but since she's not around anymore maybe I should add the scarf method to my fotki.

ETA: You can YouTube scarf method...theirs plenty of videos there. I even have one on there I uploaded 2 yrs ago. I forgot I had that.

She's still on LHCF. I seen her post recently TheEspressoHair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

I'm not 12 post but buns take me up until relaxer day.

sunnieb

I'll be 12 weeks post this week.

Today I'm wearing a braidout done with 2 braids and put in a flexi 8 clip.

IMG_20130303_113440-1.jpg

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

FrazzledFraggle

I'm almost 16 weeks into my six month stretch...although I may go longer. Since I'm doing insanity 6 days a week, I have to wash everyday so I wash or co-wash daily and blot with a towel...then I use the Garnier Fructise (spelling?) sleek and shine anti-frizz serum and put in two french braids....I sleep in those and then wear my hair wavy or I put on a wig.

This is my first relaxer stretch ever...I usually relax around 12 weeks on the regular so I'm only four weeks past my regular relax time.

I may be on my way to transitioning back to natural. I haven't made up my mind yet. :perplexed

I'll post pictures in May. I'm trying not to photograph my hair (length check) until after 6 months.

freckledface

Bumping cause I know I needed this thread :)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

why in a bun of course! :yep:

fatimablush

braided up under wigs...

when it starts to get hot any day now in central Florida..i will do flexi rods.

hnntrr

I am transitioning but I think I am 11 1/2 - 12 weeks, myy 13 week goal is on the 17th. I am transitioning but there are good hair styles on here! I am braiding it in two corn rows into a bun and two strand twisting my bangs.

Angel of the North

I usually wear my hair in buns, I'm currently 13 weeks post and NG is a really, really thick. I will post a pick if I get it back on point before my TU next Wednesday.

sunnieb What size is your flexi8 clip, is it the medium or the large? TIA Great thread by the way :yep:

sunnieb

Angel of the North I think it's a large flexi-8. That thing holds a lot of hair, but I'm going to order a couple of extra large ones to have more variety and to fit around my hair buns.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Angel of the North

Thank you sunnieb, I've been admiring the flexi 8 clips for a long time, they are finally available in the UK, I was just unsure what size to go for and they are not exactly cheap over here.

IMFOCSD

wigs wigs wigs...for the last few days I have been wearing my hair out. I put my hair in four loose pin-curls at night. But im missing my wig tho & im getting a little paranoid about my hair being worn out/down.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I usually lay my edges down using the scarf method and then style in my single French Braid as seen in my siggy picture.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hyacinthe

I have my mom braid my hair once a week LIFESAVER!
I am 12 weeks normally I relax at this time but decided to relax at 16 weeks...first time attempting 16.

Hairtender

I am currently 15 weeks post. This picture was taken last week at 14 weeks. Oil, really helps my new growth be soft.

image-101918689.jpg