Relaxed texture question

lilshama86

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple months and I decided to really get serious about my hair. And instead of turning into a potential PJ (already bought a bunch of wen, jane carter, and keracare products...:blush:)I decided to get some real help from you ladies. So here's my question....

Even though I'm relaxed my hair is still VERY frizzy... its almost an afro but its a really soft texture and not coarse at all. I've stopped using direct heat and I've been trying to airdry but it always turns out really frizzy :perplexed. I've seen some relaxed heads airdry with only a slightly frizzy hair. Is there a way to explain this strange texture or do y'all have any good tips for airdrying? TIA

Isis77

Maybe you could try smoothing your hair down into a bun (after moisturizing and sealing with oil) while it is still wet and tie it down with a silk or satin scarf to smooth out the frizzies. I have a lot of texture too and that gets my hair smooth (although I still have waves)

HTH!

TexturedTresses

deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner and rinsing with cold water really helps smooth the cuticles. good luck and welcome.

TexturedTresses

Some moisturizing conditioners that i've used and like are mop extreme moisture, nexxus humectress, and honey suckle rose. Those are really great. You can just put some conditioner back in to air dry the hair.

lilshama86

thanks a lot I have a tub of Keracare Humecto ready to use and its great to know that I can use it as a leave in too... and it smells soooo good! :lick: