Relaxer Help..Anyone??

Sherbetcane

Heya Chicas!!! I am having texlaxed ends from using Mizani Butter Blends Relaxer, I didn't like the results because i wanted bone straight hair. So this month i switched to affirm but i realized my ends are still a bit curly and straight from the roots. Was i suppose to apply the relaxer from the roots to the tips to straighten my ends? I am also thinking that way will damage my hair? i really need help.....

I wouldnt apply the relaxer all the way to the ends because I see breakage occuring. This happened to me once..I used ORS lye and I was really underprocessed but I just continued to relax as normal...now those texlaxed pieces are close to my ends (had a mini chop in June) and I feel like it will keep my ends a bit stronger. Bumping so other ladies can offer their advice.

I think you can do a corrective if it's more in the middle of your hair but I would get really nervous about you putting relaxer on your ends.

You might be better off just cutting off those ends once your hair reaches a good length so you can have a uniform texture.

Word, I have that issue too, my ends are texlaxed like very very curly and everything else is relatively straight. I thought about doing a corrective on them but I decided against it. Im just gonna grow out my hair as much I can this year and then next year every 3 months or so cut off about 1.5 in.(theres about 5 in of the texlaxed hair).I rather do that to ensure my hair stays healthy, than to lose alot of length due to breakage because of trying to do a corrective.

I had this same problem after having stylist relax my hair after years of me self relaxing. At my next touch up she applied the relaxer from root to ends b/c I wanted my hair bone straight. I didn't have any breakage or problems. I went to her faithfully for 4 years and she kept my hair on point and my length (bsl) and it even got longer. I think it's ok to apply the relaxer to correct the hair but not to do all the time. Personally I would feel more comfortable going to a stylist to do it. I hope this helps!

Back