Corrective relaxer gone bad! Need help asap

kgard7777

Hi Ladies,

I just got a corrective done last week with Affirm and the relaxer was applied and then through my ends the last 10 minutes. Now I have bone straight lifeless thin hair hair and its breaking... I miss my wavy and curly ends.. please tell me what can I do to get back to my normal fuller looking hair again? No cutting advice allowed lol only dusting suggestions

SqrpioQutie

oohhh... i'm so sorry to hear that... i don't have anything useful to really add except for maybe a deep conditioning to start the hair back to a healthy status...

CoCoEspresso

kgard7777 said:
Hi Ladies,

I just got a corrective done last week with Affirm and the relaxer was applied and then through my ends the last 10 minutes. Now I have bone straight lifeless thin hair hair and its breaking... I miss my wavy and curly ends.. please tell me what can I do to get back to my normal fuller looking hair again? No cutting advice allowed lol only dusting suggestions

Well since you mentioned that it's breaking, I might suggest that you use a reconstructor such as Emergencee, followed by a deep moisturizing conditioner. I have never used Affirm, so I don't know how strong it is, but you never know, it might revert some. Also, I suggest that you use PC, because it will normalize your hair and give it a good pH balance. I think from here on out you need to incorporate some kind of protein in your regime. My hair was dry as hell after my corrective a month ago, and it returned to normal. I mafe sure that at every step, I used protein and moisture as much as possible so that I did not deviate too far in any one direction. For instance, I incorporated cowashing, but I would "prepoo" with a DC that I created by mixing protein and moisturizing DCs into it. The CW simply restored any needed moisture and helped me to detangle. On wash days I would do a similar thing. I started doing Emergencee treatments every two weeks, and I would clarify before then. Last, my leave-ins are a combination of moisture and protein. My hair feels strong and soft at the same time. I hope this helps you. Just try to fix this problem and just use precaution even when you feel that your problem has been corrected. Oh, I forgot, castor oil helps to thicken the hair, just use sparingly. HTH

kgard7777

Thanks ladies for your quick replies.. my hair looks like strings now and its so thin! I am so crushed I just hope I won't have to cut a lot of it.. :(

*Happily Me*

The relaxer was left on your ends for "the last ten minutes"?

How long was the relaxer left on total?

I thought correctives were more like quick touch ups:confused:

Amour

I would do a super stretch, kinda like transit.

My hair used to be really think and lifeless untill I stretched for 12months then texturizered it helped alot. Otherwise I suppose you could texlaxed your hair with every relaxer and over time your hair will become alot thicker.

Maybe you could try baggying with castor oil? Although if your hair is fine it may be too strong for your strands

gymfreak336

kgard7777 said:
Hi Ladies,

Try a duo tex treatment. You can buy it at sallys. It comes in a big bottle and is a clear STRONG protien treatment. I would do it once every week for 2 weeks and then use it once a month. Don't forget to keep up with the moisture treatments.

gymfreak336

kgard7777 said:
Thanks! so have any of you ladies made the crazy mistake I did and recovered fully without a major cut?

Well, to be completely honest no. It depends on the extent of which you are overprocessed. To make a long story short, I avoided cutting my hair from overprocessing and eventually I had to cut those portions off. I would make sure I am conditioning atleast once a week and keep manipulation to a minimal. I would do a light trim now and another in 3 months and then another in 3 months. As long as you stay completely committed to conditioning, you should be able to deal with this gracefully.