Relaxer question..

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Can someone help me please.. how do you know if you should use a mild/gentle relaxer or the normal one? I always do mine at home.. but I was reading about the Elucence relaxers and I'm thinking that maybe I should be using a mild one..just from what that says. I have fine, fragile hair that gets really straight whenever I relax it..I also get my hair highlighted..

Should I be using a mild one??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
fat.gif

In your case, I would use a mild relaxer. Generally, regular and super strength relaxers is for hair that is thick and/or difficult to straighten.
smile.gif

Thanks Pebbles.. how do you like that Elucence Mild one? I think I want to try that next.

Thanks again!
fat.gif

Hi RushGirl,
wave.gif

I love Elucence. I tried the regular strength first and it straightened my hair out very well. After that tub was done, I decided to switch to the mild strength because my hair is very fine, and it's worked well. I've come to the realization that it's not so much the relaxer, but the person applying the relaxer. They make all the difference.
smile.gif

I'm sorry. I meant for it to say that I've been using that brand of relaxer since April of last year.
tongue.gif
Sorry for the confusion!

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
Hi RushGirl,
wave.gif

I love Elucence. I tried the regular strength first and it straightened my hair out very well. After that tub was done, I decided to switch to the mild strength because my hair is very fine, and it's worked well.

[/ QUOTE ]

THanks for your answer Pebbles.. So do you think both the normal and the mild one straightened it about the same? I was thinking that using the mild would be better on my hair since it's fine..and also highlighted. If they straighten about the same.. no one else has done it but myself..I should go ahead and try the mild one and see how that is. What do you think?

Thanks girl!
spinning.gif

If you have any permient hair color in your hair you should use a mild relaxer
look.gif
. I have thick 4a hair and I use Motions Oil Moisture Mild. It gives me the time I need to smooth the relaxer with out having scalp burns.

Note I don't try to get my hair bone straight (goal 80%), I factor in my blowing dring my hair smooth. It also helps me to go longer between relaxers because the demarcation between my new and old growth is not as server.

Hope this helps...................

To me, the mild and the regular were about the same. The regular strength just seemed to straighten it faster. As Donda said, if you have any sort of permanent color in your hair, definitely consider using the mild strength. Let me know how it goes!
smile.gif

Hi Donda!
wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
To me, the mild and the regular were about the same. The regular strength just seemed to straighten it faster. As Donda said, if you have any sort of permanent color in your hair, definitely consider using the mild strength. Let me know how it goes!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will use a mild one from now on.. I wish I had realized that before..but I didn't know..lol Thanks Pebbles and Donda for all the help!!
cheers.gif

Back