Relaxer Recommedations...

Shell4624

So I am relaxing tonight and still havent decided which to use. I previously used Silk Elements (lye) burned the heck out of me although I didnt get any scabs or anything.. then I went to the salon 16 weeks ago and let a stylist relax me and she used affirm (lye) didnt burn as bad, but I am self relaxing tongiht and am not sure which brand I want to us. I am in Denver, so its dry out here so I want something that will not give me the limp dry relaxed look, I want my hair shiny, silky and straight.. so ladies suggest your relaxer and tell me why!! TIA.

Creatividual

I'm sure you'll be getting other great recommendations but here's mine! I will not depart from this relaxer unless they ever decide to discontinue it: Motions Oil Moisturizer (lye) relaxer system. (I use the mild formula) It works great and never leaves my hair feeling dry. HTH!

Kari107

I swear by ORS olive oil relaxer. I know I've probably mentioned it like 1,000 times but I love it. I started using it a few years back and I haven't used anything else since.

myronnie

I swear by ORS olive oil relaxer. I know I've probably mentioned it like 1,000 times but I love it. I started using it a few years back and I haven't used anything else since.

I second it..I use ORS Regular No-lye and my hair hasn't ever been happier!

Babydall818

Motions Salon Herbals been using it since I started perming- does me right.
I have never burned with it - I texlax with this.

Shell4624

sooo...what did you end up using??? :spinning:

hi Denver!!!

So I ended up using ORS lye regular... My hair loved it. I clarified and then did a protein treatment a few days ahead, day of (Friday) I got my product and I also got the ORS Hair mayo (Protein condish, I think..) and I did the relaxer.. It burned slightly but NOTHING like the Silk Elements. I mixed in a forth cup of Olive Oil and I also coated my hair shaft and ends with silk protein. I applied the relaxer and smoothed the roots in about 20 mins, I rinsed it out, I then added the hair mayo on my hair for about 10 mins, and then I rinsed with my left over Silk Elements neutralizing shampoo. Afterwards, I deep conditioned with the ORS replenishing pack. My hair came out great. It doesn’t appear to be thinned out and has life too it not to mention how shiny it is. It’s great.

audacity.

hi Denver!!!

So I ended up using ORS lye regular... My hair loved it. I clarified and then did a protein treatment a few days ahead, day of (Friday) I got my product and I also got the ORS Hair mayo (Protein condish, I think..) and I did the relaxer.. It burned slightly but NOTHING like the Silk Elements. I mixed in a forth cup of Olive Oil and I also coated my hair shaft and ends with silk protein. I applied the relaxer and smoothed the roots in about 20 mins, I rinsed it out, I then added the hair mayo on my hair for about 10 mins, and then I rinsed with my left over Silk Elements neutralizing shampoo. Afterwards, I deep conditioned with the ORS replenishing pack. My hair came out great. It doesn’t appear to be thinned out and has life too it not to mention how shiny it is. It’s great.

hey, shell! :hiya:

so are you going to post pics :look:

:needpics: