Syntonics Relaxer

evanewton1974

Hello Ladies,

I am new to the group and I am wondering about the Syntonics No Lye Relaxer. I have had the Syntonics Lye Relaxer and I really liked the relaxer but I did not like the stylist that put it in. See, I went to her after being natural for almost a year and she left me very underprocessed! I could not where my hair straight without flat ironing it!

I went back to my old stylist and she put Affirm Lye in my hair for my corrective relaxer. I REALLY want to start self relaxing like I used to because I stopped going to this stylist because of her views on natural hair! She upset me:evil:!!! I know that Syntonics is by the makers of Affirm and since I currently have been relaxed with Affirm do you ladies think that it will be ok to relax with the Syntonics? Has any of you tried Syntonics?

I also have the whole Nairobi Lye Relaxer System at home and it has only been used once! I do like it too and it does not burn!!! Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

GOD BLESS YOU LADIES!!!

Mystic

Nairobi seems to be a great relaxer..., why did you switch? Switching different relaxers could be a big problem for you later on. I would suggest sticking with one relaxer for a period of time before moving on to the next. Since you have been natural for a year, you want to maintain the body your hair gets from being natural or from a long relaxer stretch; you do not want to relax your hair too straight and then later on regret how thin and lifeless your hair has become.

A few people have used Syntonics on here in the past but not many. I heard it is a good relaxer but you might not get a lot of feedback on it. I used Affirm back in the day, and it thinned my hair out over time. I have never used Nairobi but have heard it leaves your hair with body and slightly underprocessed. If you are looking for bone straight hair, then maybe you should continue using the Affirm relaxer.

evanewton1974

Thank you Mystic for your reply!

I really did not want to switch but the stylist that I went to used Affirm for my corrective relaxer and I have heard about it thinning the hair. I plan on sticking to one relaxer. I do stretch my relaxer and I always have. I do like the way that my hair is now but I just wanted to find a good relaxer. My plan is to relax at 4 to 6 months and ONLY my newgrowth!

I self relaxed with Nairobi and it was still very curly afterwards. It still has a lot of texture to it even after my corrective relaxer. I actually love it and not I can rollerset it and it will be straight!

I think that I will stick with my Nairobi! :0)

Mystic

The best relaxers for self relaxing are: Nairobi (based on feedback here),
Elucence, phyto, linange (based on personal experience). They all allow you the time to relax your hair without burning too quickly or over processing your hair. I didn't like phyto over time as it damaged my strands and made my hair excessively dry. Linange and Elucence are simply the best, and they give you straight hair with body. You can rollerset and have smooth straight hair without the heat.

My hair story. I was using phyto relaxer back in the day, and over time, my strands were damaged. I decided to go bald in 2007 and went natural for almost 3 yrs. During that time, I did a BKT, and that damaged my natural hair so I decided to relax. Hated how thin and lifeless my hair felt plus I had 2 patches of bald spots on my side so at BSL, I bald my hair again. That was almost 20 months ago. Now that I have no relaxer, I still get the bald spot on the side sometimes. I thought the patches were from not rinsing out the relaxer well but now that i am natural, I notice that the side I sleep on just seem to loose hair from the root in a small patch and I have no idea how to minimize that. Maybe I rub my hair on the pillow a lot while sleeping..., I have no clue..., I wear a scarf at nights though. Anyway, you asked if I am relaxed and the answer is not right now but that can change anytime.

venusfly

I've never heard of Syntonics before today so I really can't answer that, sorry. But that being said I do self-relax with Affirm Fiberguard Mild and have for several years and I never burn and my hair comes out straight/is never underprocessed. I've even relaxed right after removing braids once bc I had to go to work next day and I did not burn. The key is to have a good amount of new growth so you can work quickly to apply the entire head without overlapping. My tip for not getting burned: stretch so you have lots of new growth to relax. When you have a good deal of new growth you can tell by feel where to put the relaxer so you can do even the back of your head pretty fast and speed is essential if you want to process well and not get burned.

fatimablush

I just ordered Syntonics regular relaxer.

i just thought i would try it since i rarely hear any reviews.

i was going to order Elucence, but they don't sell that relaxer anymore on
Amazon.com.

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

The best relaxers for self relaxing are: Nairobi (based on feedback here),
Elucence, phyto, linange (based on personal experience). They all allow you the time to relax your hair without burning too quickly or over processing your hair. I didn't like phyto over time as it damaged my strands and made my hair excessively dry. Linange and Elucence are simply the best, and they give you straight hair with body. You can rollerset and have smooth straight hair without the heat.

My hair story. I was using phyto relaxer back in the day, and over time, my strands were damaged. I decided to go bald in 2007 and went natural for almost 3 yrs. During that time, I did a BKT, and that damaged my natural hair so I decided to relax. Hated how thin and lifeless my hair felt plus I had 2 patches of bald spots on my side so at BSL, I bald my hair again. That was almost 20 months ago. Now that I have no relaxer, I still get the bald spot on the side sometimes. I thought the patches were from not rinsing out the relaxer well but now that i am natural, I notice that the side I sleep on just seem to loose hair from the root in a small patch and I have no idea how to minimize that. Maybe I rub my hair on the pillow a lot while sleeping..., I have no clue..., I wear a scarf at nights though. Anyway, you asked if I am relaxed and the answer is not right now but that can change anytime.

I too use Linange and love it, however when I was relaxed bone straight (I'm Texlaxed now) in my bob days my stylist used Affirm Fiberguard and I LOVED IT! I honestly have never seen many who use the Syntonics Relaxer around here, but I'm sure if you do a search on google (Something like this: Syntonics Relaxer Longhaircareforum) something may come up :)

~HTH

evanewton1974

Well I was thinking of using the Syntonics relaxer because it is by the makers of Affirm but it is their bontanical relaxer. So I was thinking that I would not have any problems since I had my corrective relaxer with Affirm Moisture Plus Lye. :0)