Relaxer Recommendation For Bone Straight Hair

HairBarbie

I have been reading this board for a while now, but there are still two things I need help and or clarification with. My hair hasn't been relaxing for a about a year or two, it's basically texlaxed and the last time I relaxed I switched to ORS and my hair relaxed nicely but then reverted. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Does anyone know any good no lye relaxers that relaxes hair bone straight?

The second thing is, is humectress an actual deep conditioner i.e stays in hair for 3 days or is it just a really good moisturizing conditioner?

Thanks.

ShiShiPooPoo

Hi there!

I relax bone straight and I had a lot of success with Phyto Index II. I usually use lye relaxers but the Phyto got my hair super duper straight with a lot of body...it was niiice.

I'm sure that the other members will chime in for ya.:yep:

Humectress is a moisturizing conditioner. HTH.

HairBarbie

Thanks a bunches, I relax my hair frequently and I get a lot of shrinkage and I'd like for my hair to finally be one texture. I've seen Phyto many times before and never paid attention to it.

I guess I'll have to return the humectress.

leona2025

I love Optimum Care. It gets my hair bone straight when I leave it on the recommended time. It has a nice reconstructor.

leona2025

I liked Profectiv too and I used the ones with the color in them. It was just hard for me to find and so I switched, now I see it everywhere.

Dwayne

I use Affirm (sen. scalp) for ALOT of my clients to get the 'du straight. I try not to go "bone straight--100 %" but rather to like 90-95% straight. This allows a little room in case of mild overlapping (gives the hair a little "breathing room" if relaxer accidently gets on it...and it will). But I'm diggin that Affirm.

You said your hair reverted? I'm assuming you have a strong wave/or curl shape to it with a thick texture? If so the last 5 mins of processing try "smoothing" the hair out (running the back end of the rattail to lay the hair that relaxer was applied to, down). That should help without with the "reverting" at least until you grow some more new growth (or until you wash and not COMPLETELY dry your hair :grin:...happens ALOT down here in the sun shine state during the summer)

Hope that helps you...

Dwayne

HairBarbie

I use Affirm (sen. scalp) for ALOT of my clients to get the 'du straight. I try not to go "bone straight--100 %" but rather to like 90-95% straight. This allows a little room in case of mild overlapping (gives the hair a little "breathing room" if relaxer accidently gets on it...and it will). But I'm diggin that Affirm.

You said your hair reverted? I'm assuming you have a strong wave/or curl shape to it with a thick texture? If so the last 5 mins of processing try "smoothing" the hair out (running the back end of the rattail to lay the hair that relaxer was applied to, down). That should help without with the "reverting" at least until you grow some more new growth (or until you wash and not COMPLETELY dry your hair :grin:...happens ALOT down here in the sun shine state during the summer)

Hope that helps you...

Dwayne

That's a great suggestion, thanks a lot.

Thanks for all the inputs ladies. So I have Optimum Care, Mizani, Profectiv and Affirm. I'll do some research and see which one is the best for me.

LongiLox

Hope that helps you...

Dwayne

So even though it's for sensitive scalp, it's still strong enough to get hair bone straight? I know that probably sounds like a stupid question but I've equated sensitive with mild. I have a similar problem as the original poster.

Now I'm thinking of either trying Affirm or Mizani.