Relaxer: When Should I Use What?

lizjoseph

So here's my dilemma. I have 1 sample pack of each the Aphogee Treatment (the hard one) and Roux Porosity Contol. I'm just not sure when to use them! Aphogee before the relaxer and then Porostiy after? Vice versa? How far in advance should I do the first? How soon after should I do the second treatment? I'm confused! :confused: :whyme:

Well you have several options...

Relaxer, Porosity Control, Neutralizing Shampoo, Aphogee, Moisturizing DC or

Shampoo, Aphogee, Moisturizing DC....wait a week...Relaxer, Porosity Control, Neutralizing Shampoo, DC or

Relaxer, Porosity Control, Neutralizing Shampoo, DC....next wash. Shampoo, Aphogee, Moisturizing DC, Porosity Control

HTH

lizjoseph said:
So here's my dilemma. I have 1 sample pack of each the Aphogee Treatment (the hard one) and Roux Porosity Contol. I'm just not sure when to use them! Aphogee before the relaxer and then Porostiy after? Vice versa? How far in advance should I do the first? How soon after should I do the second treatment? I'm confused! :confused: :whyme:

I would recommend using the "hard" Aphogee 2 weeks prior to relaxing. This treatment can be used every 6-8 weeks. It is *serious* protein.

You can use the Porosity Control immediately following your relaxer. Saturate your hair with it as soon as you rinse out the relaxer (before you neutralize). Let it sit, rinse, then deep condition and neutralize. You can use Porosity Control weekly to normalize your hair's porosity.

Thanks Loreal99 and preciousjewel76 ! That helps! Any other suggestions/ ways you ladies have used the two? Which way seems to work best?

loreal99 said:
Shampoo, Aphogee, Moisturizing DC....wait a week...Relaxer, Porosity Control, Neutralizing Shampoo, DC or

Relaxer, Porosity Control, Neutralizing Shampoo, DC....next wash. Shampoo, Aphogee, Moisturizing DC, Porosity Control

These are the two options I would've recommended and either way (including Precious' advice) would work best.

Back