relaxers with minimum breakage?

ANaturalBrotha

I want to relax my girlfriend's hair because i feel that my mother and my girlfriend's grandmother are a little harsh when it comes to relaxing hair. I don't want to sound feminine or anything. I just recieved alot of hair knowledge since coming here and i think i can relax her hair and help her retain as much length as possible. We've both been unsuccessful with growing our hair long. I know how much it means to her to have long hair so i want to help her achieve that. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

awwww, that is too cute. you must be a great b/f.
as for suggestions...remember to only relax the new growth, it'd be a good idea to put some conditioner or oil on her previously relaxed her to avoid overlapping and dont leave the relaxer in for too long.one more thing, be careful.good luck, i hope it turns out well.

How cute!!! The conditioner/oil act as a barrier to the relaxer so it won't over process her hair. I would make sure that the hair is totally detangled and sectioned before starting to apply. There are also products out there that specifically act to prevent the relaxer from processing already relaxed hair. I think vitale makes one. I can't remember the name though.

4 equal sections... and please remember to base her scalp.
Don't take it to 100% bone straight, leave some curl pattern in her hair.

you can use vaseline to base. Start the relaxer in the back and work it up to the front, since the back tends to be the coarses. Apply it to the hairline last, since this hair is very fragile and more than likely has already been relaxed.

Back