Relaxing after a texturizer

2inspireU

I seriously tried to find the answer on the internet without posting it here, but I have not been able too. In August I got a texturizer done by a stylist. She used Arosci texturizer. Well, my hair has reverted and basically is my natural hair with its problems again, except it hangs more. My texturizer did take because it is curly when wet, but when it dries it looks exactly like my natural hair. I want to use a relaxer (Silk Elements Mild Lye or Hawaiian Silk) to only slightly loosen and define my curls where it will show while dried. I love my curly texture and want to keep it, so going bone straight is out of the question.

Therefore, what can I do? or should I do? I want to do this over the weekend if possible.

chicacanella

Ooooh, that is a good but very difficult question.

I was under the assumption that certain chemicals should not be applied over other ones.

The only thing I can contribute is to maybe go to this page, read up on it and then pose a question to the owner.

Also, you may want to pm Sistaclick, she knows alot about this stuff.:yep:

sareca

I'd PM ~StillALady~. She's gone from natural to texturized to texlax to bone straight. I don't know why she had any hair at all much less beautiful thick hair. :confused:

morehairplease

bumping to see what the OP found out. I am in this same situation and would love to hear what you ended up doing with your hair and how it turned out.

Neith

Texturizing is basically an underprocessed relaxer.

You would go about getting the relaxer just like getting a corrective relaxer for an underprocessed one.

It can safely be done, but most people have to be VERY careful.

Stilalady's hair seems to be made of steel :lol: So if you don't have very strong, resistant hair, then make sure to cover all your bases when you get it corrected.

discobiscuits

Neith is correct.

I went from natural to texturized to relaxed. I hated it. My hair was flat, lifeless, bone stright. Neith said it. Know your hair before you do it. If u have cast iron, thick hair u will prob like the results. I have fine hair so it was lifeless. When I used to relax it was never done bone straight it was about 70- 80% so it was thick w body.

2inspireU

Thank you ladies for your suggestions. Tishee, I will update here with pictures and details about my experience as soon as I receive my products from Shescentit, then I will texlax my hair. I already have everything I need, except those products I am waiting for.