Relaxing in halves question?

Sondice

Ok so I am attemping my 1st self relax in about 3 weeks. Ive been reading up, studying, even practicing w/ conditioner to get the technique and timing just right. Just wondering if they were any unique ways to keep the un relaxed side of your hair dry while u rinse out the relaxer, special clips, how to put on the bag, a special way to rinse, ne thing? thanx :)

Well I've been relaxing in halves with much success for about 6 months now. This is the way I do it....

-Split the head in half
-I use a shower cap to cover the back (i perm the front first) and pin the shower cap down with bobby pins. I also take a headband that is about an 1 1/2 wide and put it around the back ( like a halo) to make sure that the back section's part is covered completely. I pin that down as well.
-Then I make about 15 smaller sections in the front and use duck bill clips to secure them at the line of demarcation.
-I then proceed to perm the sections, making sure to work the perm through the section so that I can do it quicker.
-My application and processing time is about 20 mins.
-Then I rinse the front being careful to keep the back as dry as possible (hence the shower cap and headband)
-Then i pin up the top and use the headband to keep the already permed hair out of my way. Pretty much the same halo effect that I had in the back, but it's going around the front of the head instead of the back.
-I repeat the same process for the back
-And then go about my regular routine. It works great for me. I know I'm much too slow to perm my whole head, so splitting the head in two sections makes it easier to handle and let's me be sure that I'm not over processing the hair. Hope this helps!!
HHJ!!

I like the sound of this technique better bc you can lean over the bath tub to rinse out and neutralize the front half better than trying to do it blind at the back or straight down the middle and the whole process can be controlled until you get the desired straightness.

Just for information has anyone ever tex-laxed one half of their head and then done the other half 3-4 days later???

Alternatively does anyone employ the help of friends/ family to do one half while they do the other half???

Well I've been relaxing in halves with much success for about 6 months now. This is the way I do it....

-Split the head in half
-I use a shower cap to cover the back (i perm the front first) and pin the shower cap down with bobby pins. I also take a headband that is about an 1 1/2 wide and put it around the back ( like a halo) to make sure that the back section's part is covered completely. I pin that down as well.
-Then I make about 15 smaller sections in the front and use duck bill clips to secure them at the line of demarcation.
-I then proceed to perm the sections, making sure to work the perm through the section so that I can do it quicker.
-My application and processing time is about 20 mins.
-Then I rinse the front being careful to keep the back as dry as possible (hence the shower cap and headband)
-Then i pin up the top and use the headband to keep the already permed hair out of my way. Pretty much the same halo effect that I had in the back, but it's going around the front of the head instead of the back.
-I repeat the same process for the back
-And then go about my regular routine. It works great for me. I know I'm much too slow to perm my whole head, so splitting the head in two sections makes it easier to handle and let's me be sure that I'm not over processing the hair. Hope this helps!!
HHJ!!

Back