Reprobate Mind Romans 1:28

got this in my inbox today. . .it seems fitting to thie conversation we are having

Romans 8

5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
You know, this dovetails into the "deny one's self/death to self" thing. Anyone engaged in "killing the flesh" won't even think about becoming reprobate.

Can someone explain what "living a sinful life" is? So many Christians and people say that it's when you live a life of habitual continual sin with no remorse. Well, what about Christians and people who sin "every now and then" and feel bad for the sin they committed? Isn't that still living a sinful life? Especially if you commit the same sin you had ask forgiveness for awhile back? Some people will say "well, no one can live sinless." When I hear that, it's not very encouraging. It sounds like an excuse to sin. To me, living a life completely without sin is the only to avoid a sinful life. How can one know the difference for themselves?

I don't like that excuse either. But I think that it's a thin line thing...like genius and madness. We are all sinners, there's no beating that cuz we're not perfect. But there is a difference between trying to not do things and messing up. And doing something with no regard to whether it is right or not. And then on top of that knowing it is not right and being like "Oh Well." The biggest difference to me is doing something that is wrong and wanting to change or to stop doing it (sinner), and doing something wrong and thinking the "oh well" about it. (sinful life)

And then if you are doing something that is wrong, but you try not to, then aside for asking for forgiveness it just seems like you should also seek God's strength and find out the cause for your sin. If you lie, maybe it comes from an insecurity and then you either need to try and work it out with God. Or then seek out help for the problem.

I don't like that excuse either. But I think that it's a thin line thing...like genius and madness. We are all sinners, there's no beating that cuz we're not perfect. But there is a difference between trying to not do things and messing up. And doing something with no regard to whether it is right or not. And then on top of that knowing it is not right and being like "Oh Well." The biggest difference to me is doing something that is wrong and wanting to change or to stop doing it (sinner), and doing something wrong and thinking the "oh well" about it. (sinful life)

And then if you are doing something that is wrong, but you try not to, then aside for asking for forgiveness it just seems like you should also seek God's strength and find out the cause for your sin. If you lie, maybe it comes from an insecurity and then you either need to try and work it out with God. Or then seek out help for the problem.

Well due to my tinnitus. I admit I went back to old sins for comfort. But I stopped myself. I asked YHWH help me to get to the root of fear, andger, issues that cause me to sin. A reprobate person is gawn say: I'm this way the **** with it all! I mean He knows I got a problem. It aint MY FAULT!

What I've learned with tinnitus that its a thin line between insanity and sanity. I'm really relying on YHWH each day to not make me snap. I believe I finally have a break through. I think a reprobate mind...snaps and stays in sin and its easy to remain there. Because it shuts it up...for a little while. Tinnitus has been known to drive one to suicide. Imagine what a little temptation can do?

Great discussion!

What my understanding of it is, simply put, is a person who is beyond allowing the Holy Spirit to use them. Their desires and agendas override the will of God and scripture. That's why it's dangerous for preachers to become preachers for egotistical reasons which is why so many church's have the issues they do today.

A reprobated mind will promote their philosophy's of life over scripture. Many of them will twist scripture to conform to what they want it to mean rather than rightly dividing the word. A reprobate will not seek the understanding they need to continue to receive wisdom, knowledge and understanding from the Holy Spirit.

They come to a point where they "know it all" and can't nobody tell them anything...which will ultimately make them the biggest fools around because the Word of God and the Lord is not revealed completely in any one person's life time. People come close. But the truest Bible scholars will even say that every day the Bible is revealing something new. A reprobated mind is not open to the newness, therefore they stay stuck in old patterns, and they'll stay stuck for life because they don't believe they need to change. Truly believe they understand the Bible, when they don't and it ends up being to their detriment.

Many of them think they can Hallelulah, sing and dance their way to heaven and nothing else. Many reprobates come from people who were born and raised up in the ministry. There are some pastors kids who love saying "Oh I didn't grow up in the world" They believe because their parents were who they were then they have this automatic entrance into heaven. I call them modern day Pharissees and Sadducees. Biggest heathens up in church continuing backwards Christianity through generations, twisting the word to fit whatever they like putting on shows behind the pulpit, yelling and screaming and not saying a Word from the Holy Spirit.

Everyone must be careful, but for the most part those who are called to be used, and I do believe every Christian is used in someway shape or form, you don't have to be preaching. Just keep in mind there is never a point in life where you can just push the cruise button on your salvation. We must constantly study, constantly search ourselves. Reprobates will study and search everybody and their mama before themselves.

Great discussion!

What my understanding of it is, simply put, is a person who is beyond allowing the Holy Spirit to use them. Their desires and agendas override the will of God and scripture. That's why it's dangerous for preachers to become preachers for egotistical reasons which is why so many church's have the issues they do today.

A reprobated mind will promote their philosophy's of life over scripture. Many of them will twist scripture to conform to what they want it to mean rather than rightly dividing the word. A reprobate will not seek the understanding they need to continue to receive wisdom, knowledge and understanding from the Holy Spirit.

They come to a point where they "know it all" and can't nobody tell them anything...which will ultimately make them the biggest fools around because the Word of God and the Lord is not revealed completely in any one person's life time. People come close. But the truest Bible scholars will even say that every day the Bible is revealing something new. A reprobated mind is not open to the newness, therefore they stay stuck in old patterns, and they'll stay stuck for life because they don't believe they need to change. Truly believe they understand the Bible, when they don't and it ends up being to their detriment.

Many of them think they can Hallelulah, sing and dance their way to heaven and nothing else. Many reprobates come from people who were born and raised up in the ministry. There are some pastors kids who love saying "Oh I didn't grow up in the world" They believe because their parents were who they were then they have this automatic entrance into heaven. I call them modern day Pharissees and Sadducees. Biggest heathens up in church continuing backwards Christianity through generations, twisting the word to fit whatever they like putting on shows behind the pulpit, yelling and screaming and not saying a Word from the Holy Spirit.

Everyone must be careful, but for the most part those who are called to be used, and I do believe every Christian is used in someway shape or form, you don't have to be preaching. Just keep in mind there is never a point in life where you can just push the cruise button on your salvation. We must constantly study, constantly search ourselves. Reprobates will study and search everybody and their mama before themselves.

I hear you!!!!!!!!! U making too much sense now. Arrogance is NOT cute. Is this why hearing people say"pride goes before a fall?"

I hear you!!!!!!!!! U making too much sense now. Arrogance is NOT cute. Is this why hearing people say"pride goes before a fall?"

That's a way of putting it or looking at it. It's definately the prideful that fall into reprobation. Yep, so we must remain humble, submitted to the word and Holy Spirit and God's will OVER our wants and desires. Sometimes our wants aren't what God wants. People who let their desires overtake them and go against God's will to acquire it, convince themselves it's of God when it obviously goes against scripture, usually turn reprobate as well. Man, I just realized how much I can go on about this...I've seen too much. It's saddening and frustrating when I think about it because I've watched it close. It's soo easy to fall into and scary. I just can't imagine becoming a person God deems as useless. I try to honor Him in everything. I've made some hard decisions denying my flesh but looking back I can see it was the trap the enemy was trying to set for me and I just thank the Spirit for guiding me through it and strengthening me through it.

Great discussion!

Thanks for sharing your perspective SvelteVelvet! I've never seen a reprobate mind in this type of way. I was always told/taught that a reprobate is someone that simply does not believe in God or Jesus and is doomed for Hell, but now I see that a reprobate can actually be some self-proclaimed Christians among us who are hypocrites and who twist the Word of God to fit their agendas and personal beliefs and opinions.

Had a crazy insane thought hmm about reprobate mind.

there are some that claim that sadducees and pharisees where the line of cain (ahem son of you know who) (but that's another thread)

I know that Yeshua said thier daddy was the devil. and they were EXTREMELY legalistic that it is so easy for them to be "double-minded.
ahem. crazy thought forgive me if it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outta left field.

Back