Resistant Gray Naturals that use natural dye..

dlove

Ladies, I need to cover my resistant gray. I am 4a/b all natural. I want to do this myself. Please tell me brand names of dye you have used, loved and recommend that you purchased from the whole foods that actually cover resistant gray.

Right now I have Miss Clairol --Brown. This color job was done in August. I want to use natural dye ( no ammonia and sulfites) and do it myself. TIA...

Last edited:

TheNewFine

Have you tried henna? I just started two weeks ago and LOVE it!:clap: I have natural hair as well and am pretty gray at the top of my head and it looks great.

Twisties

I am sorry to report that I tried the Aubrey Organics natural color in dark brown and it didn't take to my gray. This was quite a while ago but I was not willing to purchase again.

I have not used this but Robert Craig Color at this site http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php got good reviews at the Naturally curly website.

I used Natural Instincts by Clairol to color my gray.

I hope you find something natural or gentle that works for you.

dlove

Have you tried henna? I just started two weeks ago and LOVE it!:clap: I have natural hair as well and am pretty gray at the top of my head and it looks great.

Can you give me the name brand and concrete and sequential steps as to how to use henna? It seems kind of tedious and cumbersome. Is it easy to use?

DarkVictory

Someone posted a link in one of the other threads to hennaforhair.com. It explains the whole thing step by step. Doesn't seem that complicated, just different from using stuff from the drugstore. Haven't tried henna yet, but I'm thinking about it.

BeaLady

I downloaded an e-book from hennaforhair. I printed it yesterday and have been studiying it. It doesn't seem too complicated, just messy. Basically they suggest adding the henna powder to lemon juice. If you want color you add indigo. They have suggested proportions for length and the color you want.

Here's the link for the e-book:
http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/

adw425

I use Bigen every 3.5 to four months although I could have colored a bit earlier this time like at three months. I only get gray in my hairline, but the Bigen works well for me. The first time I used it, my hair came out very dry, but I was ready for that subsequently and just make just sure I do an extra moisturizing conditioning treatment afterwards.