RETAINING LENGTH/CARING FOR ENDS

Mertzy

Saturday I went to the salon. It was my first time letting a stylist in my head in over a year. The last time I went a simple trim turned into a hair cut:wallbash: .Typical. I was so mad about it that I vowed to never go to her again. Anyway my ends were starting to look stringy and I felt that it was making my hair look thin and raggedy on the ends. Eventhough I take care of my hair, it was obvious I needed a trim. The girl who did my hair Saturday did a banging a** job. My hair is flowing and silky and it looks so much thicker and healthier. And she only took off the stringy ends that need to be gone, nothing more, nothing less. I can actually see that all my hard work is starting to pay off :yep:. Eventhough she doesn't specialize in black hair care (she's white) I will continue to seek her services when I need a trim

The only problem I have right now is maintaining these gorgeous ends. I really need some advice on how to keep my ends healthy. Is there some kind of light protein leave-in I can put on my ends daily to protect them? I am open to all suggestions and tips.

Saturday I went to the salon. It was my first time letting a stylist in my head in over a year. The last time I went a simple trim turned into a hair cut:wallbash: .Typical. I was so mad about it that I vowed to never go to her again. Anyway my ends were starting to look stringy and I felt that it was making my hair look thin and raggedy on the ends. Eventhough I take care of my hair, it was obvious I needed a trim. The girl who did my hair Saturday did a banging a** job. My hair is flowing and silky and it looks so much thicker and healthier. And she only took off the stringy ends that need to be gone, nothing more, nothing less. I can actually see that all my hard work is starting to pay off :yep:. Eventhough she doesn't specialize in black hair care (she's white) I will continue to seek her services when I need a trim

The only problem I have right now is maintaining these gorgeous ends. I really need some advice on how to keep my ends healthy. Is there some kind of light protein leave-in I can put on my ends daily to protect them? I am open to all suggestions and tips.

Congratulations.

This is what I want my stylists to do for my hair next week!
If needed.:yep:

here is a challenge

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=360386&highlight=baggying

Check out the super healthy ends challenge, there are lots of suggestions in there.

Baggying!!!! :yay:

Also protective styling and keeping your ends nice and moisturized

I use profective anti-breakage and coconut oil. I am not really sure if that is helping my ends or not. I feel like I should be using a bit stronger.I know that heat can cause major damage so I rollerset my hair ,I only use heat for special occasions. I should probably be careful of the way I manipulate my hair. i.e not brushing or combing it too much.

I actually use aphogee two minute reconstructer. I moisturize my hair with it before I go to bed at night, a couple times a week. :yep:

Smooth 'N Shine Silk N' Curl Styling Creme Gel is amazing for my ends. It's not actually a gel. It's creamy and offers no hold whatsoever (why they call it a gel is beyond me) but it's got balanced moisture and protein.

it's water based, has silk amino acids (strenghtening and hydrating), panthenol (thickening), hydrolyzed wheat protein (strengthening and hydrating), and lactic acid (milk proteins that make hair shiny. I love it. And since using it I've retained so much more hair. And my hair is much softer. But if you use protein that frequently you may want to look for a non protein daily moisturizer when your hair gets on the crunchy side. You'll have to monitor your hair very closely. Protein overload can creep up on you.

Smooth 'N Shine Silk N' Curl Styling Creme Gel is amazing for my ends. It's not actually a gel. It's creamy and offers no hold whatsoever (why they call it a gel is beyond me) but it's got balanced moisture and protein.

it's water based, has silk amino acids (strenghtening and hydrating), panthenol (thickening), hydrolyzed wheat protein (strengthening and hydrating), and lactic acid (milk proteins that make hair shiny. I love it. And since using it I've retained so much more hair. And my hair is much softer. But if you use protein that frequently you may want to look for a non protein daily moisturizer when your hair gets on the crunchy side. You'll have to monitor your hair very closely. Protein overload can creep up on you.
interesting I might look into that.

Back