Review: L'oreal Nature Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

Review: L\'oreal Nature Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

Following Tee's glowing review a few weeks back of this new line, I figured I'd give this a try. It lists a cone as one of the top 5 ingredients and that alone made me interested /images/graemlins/cool.gif. The blurb on the jar begins: 'A dual action treatment specially formulated with lanolin, silicone and lily extract for superb detangling, softness and manageability....' And that's exactly what it did.

I first washed my hair with Lanza protein plus shampoo, then Aubrey Organics GPB for the very first time. I left this on for approx 10 mins in the shower with a cap on. On rinsing out my hair was detangled and felt really nice. Big thumbs up for a protein conditioner that actually moisturizes. I'm keeping this. I then squeezed this out and slathered the Smoothing Treament all over and put on a self heating foil cap that I left on for approx one hour.

On rinsing out, my hair NOTICEABLY smoother, slippery and very detangled. It felt exceptionally smooth and very separated. I had only 10 strands, if that, of hair in the plug hole.

Doing the rollar set was easier as the hair was tangle free and smooth from root to the tip (I used a teeny bit of New Image Damage Free Thermal Styling Conditioner which is a leave-in). Today I unwrapped the hair and its reeeeeeallly smooth and swinging. It actually feels slippery. A feeling I find hard to duplicate from a Dominican wash and set. But this is the CLOSEST I've got to that feeling to date.

Like Tee, said, it honestly makes the hair feel like silk from root to tip.

This is now my favourite moisturizing conditioner. I'd give this an A. I honestly cannot fault it. I even used it without the olive oil mixed in which I usually do to add even more moisture to conditioners.

My order of preferance for moisturizing conditioners now, in order of preferance is:

1. L'oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment.
2. Mizani Moisturefuse.
3. Motions Moisture Plus, Kerastase Maquintense.

I also love Porosity Control (my old time fave) and Aubrey Organics Island Cream Spice but I like these more for their detangling abilities.

The L'oreal unfrizz did it all: moisturized, detangled and smoothed all in one /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Thanks Tee for nudging me to try this /images/graemlins/poke.gif you were so right!

beana3

Re: Review: L\'oreal Nature Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

BRH.. the PJ in me can never rest /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif .. lol thanks for the review, i might actually have to exercise some self control and USE one of the condits i already have just to have an excuse to buy another one. /images/graemlins/blush.gifoo:

Hey beana, plus you can 'purge' yourself of the products that you don't like and aren't working for you too. That way you'll have space for this and that may also help justifying trying it lol!!!

I'm bad. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

T

Tee

Yay! I'm so happy you loved this as much as I do! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

free2bme

BrownRelaxed

I am offically branding u a pj enabler!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif