Review:PhytoSpecific Vital Force Program (LONG)

KAddy

This includes the Vital Force Shampoo and the Vital Force Creme Bath. Look HERE for what it is for.

My first time using it was on 10/23/04. I have decided to simplify my products (I am no longer a PJ ...I think
). Anyway, I did a hot oil treatment prior to shampooing, then I shampooed with my tea tree shampoo first for product build-up. Then I used the PhytoSpecific Vital Force Shampoo. It smelled /images/graemlins/lick.gif The directions say to leave it on for 2-3 mins to allow it to act. So I did that. Rinsed and my hair was very soft, even my roots and I am almost 10 weeks post relaxer. Then I applied the Vital Force Creme Bath. It smelled even better than the shampoo (they are sweet smells). So the directions say to leave on anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes depending on the porousity of the hair. However on the website www.phytospecific.com it says you can leave it on for up to 30 mins using heat. So you know I used heat for 30 mins.

Once I rinsed it out my hair and roots were VERY SOFT.
Now I am almost 10 weeks post relaxer and this did an EXCELLENT job of softening my roots. My shedding and breakage was also reduced.
I usually lose a lot of hair when I comb my hair with a W I D E tooth comb, but this was reduced so I was happy.

After touching my hair for a while /images/graemlins/wink.gif I mixed Lacio Lacio and IC Hair Protector and put all over the hair and roller set. I have added pics to my album. I rolled my hair with smaller rollers in an attempt to do it like I used to a few years ago...It didn't work.

So I used a flat iron on my roots a little (you will see my pics and how they look before) and just put my hair behind my ears. It is still nice, but not the look I wanted.

I plan on using this shampoo and conditioner until it runs out, so I will keep you all posted. However I have to give the initial use a big

kitchen_tician

Hi Kaddy, You hair is progressing nicely. I think your curls look nice and your roots look great for 10 weeks. It looks like you've graduated to larger rollers, due to growth. /images/graemlins/weird.gif Thanks for the review.

Oh yeah, do they make lye and no lye perms? (Nevermind, I read the website /images/graemlins/fan.gif)

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
...Oh yeah, do they make lye and no lye perms? (Nevermind, I read the website /images/graemlins/fan.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer to my own question:

Info about the relaxer from the site.

PhytoRelaxer is a luxurious experience of long-lasting control, manageability and versatility. A genuine innovation from PhytoSolba Laboratories, the formula incorporates a breakthrough discovery using active ingredients from 100% natural origin: the active egg extract relaxes and smoothes, while soya offers antioxidant properties and hydration. Simultaneously, PhytoRelaxer protects the hair shaft from dehydration and minimizes scalp irritation. After the application of this exclusive high-technology relaxing complex your hair will feel and look more silky, strong and radiant.

The PhytoRelaxer is easy as 1, 2, 3: Mix, Apply and Neutralize. It works the same as any permanent relaxer, but contrary to those products, it relaxes without hydroxides, thioglycolic acid and its derivatives. Originated from the PhytoTheratrie the PhytoRelaxer respects the natural flora of your scalp, while obtaining stunning results.

PhytoRelaxer is a multi-purpose curl reduction cream suitable for all naturally curly textures. It effectively straightens, relaxes, texturizes or tames unwanted, unruly curl patterns with a guaranteed chemical free formula. Choose from two indexes according to your hair texture:

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
Where can you purchase this online?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered mine from www.hairboutique.com They offer free shipping on all phyto products. So I just paid the flat rate for the products. They did not charge me tax either. And the products arrived in a good amount of time. I ordered on either saturday or sunday and received on the upcoming thursday.