rinsing

L

legs71

I have read many posts regarding people rinsing their hair a couple of times weekly. I'm considering doing this to my braids to promote growth and maybe it will alleviate my dandruff problem. About 2 weeks ago I concocted a hair rinse which consisted of rosemary oil,seabreeze and water which felt very good to my scalp, but the next day my scalp was filled with crater dandruff. Can I use just plain old water? Are there some rinses you can reccommend? Also, if I'm not asking too much can someone tell me how frequent rinsing benefit the hair and scalp /images/graemlins/grin.gif?

Paris Belle

I think when they suggest rinses, they are talking about using only water. At least that is what I read in Essence and other hair articles/books. If you have dandruff, perhaps a good conditioner wash may help at least one of these times. HTH

carmella25

Hi legs,
Well I could say that rinsing helped me while in braids. I would wash my hair with conditioner mixed with water twice a week but I would rinse my hair with water everyday.

I gained 3 1/2 inches from doing this. Plus the vitamins and the protien shake that I would take. I only left my braids in for 2 months and I gained that much I was shocked.

I would say that moisture does really help.

moni

hi carmella,
how in the world did you wash your braids without them getting frizzy? I was not able to achieve this when I wore my braids, which is probably why they did not work for me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif