Roller set help!...breakage!

PrettyinPink001

I am having some breakage in my hair that was highlighted in the front. The rest of my hair is ok! I'm going to go real hard on my protein! because i relax my hair every 6-10 wks. I haven't mastered the stretching as yet. How do I roller set with out having to blowdry my roots???? I need help, i like my hair to be straight in the roots area!

Any advise on my breakage ???:ohwell::ohwell:

There is a technique called roll,roll pull. This is supposed to put tension on it so it comes out straight. also you have to place the pin in a certain position. Someone just posted on youtube from here a tutorial. I have a dvd that shows me but for some reason I cannot seem to keep the tension.

Maybe I am missing something as well cause it seem fairly simple. I am having a shedding problem too when I roller set.

Bumping

Check out the rollerset 2011 thread as there are some great tips in there. Also, I agree that you need some tension (just a bit) to get roots straight.

OP practice roller setting the area you talked about in the front of your head on dry hair during the week. I was trying to find for you on Youtube this video tutorial someone else posted that uses the "anchor method" that I tried on dry hair just at my crown last week (I sleep in satin rollers). I'm gonna see if I can find it from another thread.

ETA: found it. The reason I like her method is I can put all the pins on one side of the roller and they still stay nice and firm.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BuildableBeauty#p/u/92/O0XPTX0AdWw

Last edited:
Back