Roller Setters - Tell Me What Dryer to Buy

Gold n Hot Soft Bonnet ionic dryer.

The only place I found that sell it now is bluebeez.com (apart from ebay as it is sold out everywhere and the company replaced this with a new one). Bluebeez also have an amazon store so you can order it from there or on their website.

I ordered mine on a thursday night and it came the next day.

ETA. http://www.bluebeez.com/goods_detail.php?gid=1152&cid=91

ooh thanks.

i see tht these sites have it as well
http://www.ohmybeauty.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BP2138
http://www.bestbeautyworld.com/goh02138.html

I've been thinking about ordering maybe 2 more, it looks like they may discontinue these dryers.
LOL I was JUST thinking the same thing when I made the previous post. I'm worried that if it breaks down on me I won't be able to get a new one LOL

Oh cool thanks *bookmarked*

I brought two of these. The first one tore as my flexirods were too big to stay under it. I like it but I noticed (my hair is past shoulder length) it takes a really long time now to dry my hair, even after 1hr 15 min. I like that I can lay down and read, get on the computer etc... I recently purchased a Gold 'N Hot stand up and I prefer it. I use this when I'm being lazy still though or for deep conditioning. The bonnets I had in the past always broke near the insert of the hose that's when I decided to purchase the "alien" hat.

I use the Ion soft bonnet dryer

dryer.jpg

I love it.

Thanks DLewis! that is one interesting looking contraption! okay, if i have a large head...will i fit in this thing??

i was thinking of a pibbs, cuz my stylist used to use a pibbs twin turbo blowdryer & that thing was serious bizness. it got SO hot! but, if this soft bonnet dryer is cheaper, just as good and can fit a large cranium....might hafta give it a try....

i just don't see how it can fit a big head with BIG rollers all over it.
(meaning on the sides, i'm not marge simpson.) :grin:

Last edited:

dryer.jpg

I love it.

This looks like an interesting option! I have the gold & hot soft bonnet and I like it however I don't feel like the heat circulates that well so I fear that some parts of my hair are getting way more heat (where the hose attaches to the bonnet). I'd like something a little better insulated and with better heat circulation. Where did you find this thing? I did some searches online and can't find it at all! Did you buy it online?

dryer.jpg

I love it.

Cosigning, I love this dryer. Its portable, I can take it anyway. Its very large, I fit my 2 inch rollers in it. I love using it for DCing. I will reallly cheap, will probably buy a big standing dryer after I move from Manhattan and have space for it. But I really love this dryer. The cord is short, so you need an extension cord

BTW can anyone tell me where to buy ear protectors, my ears always get very hot during the drying process

Thanks DLewis! that is one interesting looking contraption! okay, if i have a large head...will i fit in this thing??

i was thinking of a pibbs, cuz my stylist used to use a pibbs twin turbo blowdryer & that thing was serious bizness. it got SO hot! but, if this soft bonnet dryer is cheaper, just as good and can fit a large cranium....might hafta give it a try....

i just don't see how it can fit a big head with BIG rollers all over it.
(meaning on the sides, i'm not marge simpson.) :grin:

I use it and I have a large head and I use the grey rollers.:look: My kids call me watermelon head.:perplexed

When I bought it the lady and Sally's said "Imma tell you now Ms Lewis you will not be able to use the grey rollers with this dryer" all the while looking at my head. I said "ok, thank you, thank you very much". And came home and preceeded to use my grey rollers.:yep:

This looks like an interesting option! I have the gold & hot soft bonnet and I like it however I don't feel like the heat circulates that well so I fear that some parts of my hair are getting way more heat (where the hose attaches to the bonnet). I'd like something a little better insulated and with better heat circulation. Where did you find this thing? I did some searches online and can't find it at all! Did you buy it online?

Post 31 has a couple of sites listed.:yep:

so does any one have any tips to prevent the ears from getting hot. Mine get really hot and painful. I can't seem to find anything in the store to protect my ears with

so does any one have any tips to prevent the ears from getting hot. Mine get really hot and painful. I can't seem to find anything in the store to protect my ears with
I wrap two wet paper towels around my ears and when they dry I rewet them. Ghetto but it works:grin: HTH

Last edited:
hot tools 1059: the stand up dryer. i bought mine off of ebay, and it dries dripping wet magnetic roller sets in 45 minutes.

dryer.jpg

I love it.

How long does it take you to get to Mars in that thing? LOL :grin:

I REALLY need to replace my soft bonnet dryer. Its hard to put on my head because I use those big huge rollers now. I might just buy the one you put on a table (the one that unfolds) for like $30 bucks.

How long does it take you to get to Mars in that thing? LOL :grin:

I REALLY need to replace my soft bonnet dryer. Its hard to put on my head because I use those big huge rollers now. I might just buy the one you put on a table (the one that unfolds) for like $30 bucks.

I have a hard bonnet and :nono:. This one works better for me.

I have a hard bonnet and :nono:. This one works better for me.

Dlewis, how much did that one cost you? I tried finding it online.

I have an old bonnet dryer I bought at a fleamarket for like $1 LOL My husband says I look like I'm plugged into The Matrix when I use it. I'm sure he'd have a field day if I buy that Ion soft bonnet instead.

Dlewis, how much did that one cost you? I tried finding it online.

I have an old bonnet dryer I bought at a fleamarket for like $1 LOL My husband says I look like I'm plugged into The Matrix when I use it. I'm sure he'd have a field day if I buy that Ion soft bonnet instead.

Around $30 I think, it was many years ago. They have discontunied the Ion dryer but GoldnHot have the same one.

http://www.bluebeez.com/goods_detail.php?gid=1152&cid=91

Let me go get the box.

ETA: It says Ion Professional Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer

I have this one too! I love it. The motor is small enough to travel with so I save it for vacations. I use a GE vintage one for everyday drying that I got off ebay. Can't use the hot setting on either one - its too hot. Both dry my hair in 45 mins to 1 hr. Love them both!

how do you keep those hard bonnect dryers from falling??? where to you set them up at
im 5'10 so i would need to put it on something tall right??

how do you keep those hard bonnect dryers from falling??? where to you set them up at
im 5'10 so i would need to put it on something tall right??

When I had one I would set it on the kitchen table. Sometimes its tricky because I'd have to tip it to the side or have it cover my head and be blind for an hour LOL

It has an adjustment thingie that you can set to make it longer or shorter. Not the most comforter dryer, but it gets the job done. I'll usually read a book or stare at the floor, whichever is more interesting at the moment :ohwell:

When I had one I would set it on the kitchen table. Sometimes its tricky because I'd have to tip it to the side or have it cover my head and be blind for an hour LOL

It has an adjustment thingie that you can set to make it longer or shorter. Not the most comforter dryer, but it gets the job done. I'll usually read a book or stare at the floor, whichever is more interesting at the moment :ohwell:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I use to put mine on the kitchen table. I'm so glad I don't have to use that thing anymore.

Back