Roux Porosity Control vs ACV Rinse especially for my ENDS!

MsLizziA

I know yall get so sick of my posting but i have so many questions to ask so bear with me :grin:.

I search the board before i posted this and i can't seem to find an answer but i would like to know has anybody compared Roux Porosity Control vs ACV Rinse.

I already do the ACV Rinse but i have never tried Roux but i don't know which is better because i don't wanna go out and buy something that i basically already use.

I baggy and i baggy and i baggy and my ends never seem to stay moisturized long at all so i am thinking that maybe its a porosity problem. I baggy at least 3x a week

Can you guys chime in on this for me because my ends are driving me crazy and if the Roux is better than the ACV i will be willing to go out and buy it and give it a try.

I already know that my hair is highly porous though.

chelleypie810

I have never used the acv rinse. But roux pc is my new bestie. I've been raving about it on the boards, to family, and anyone else that would listen. My ends were also very dry and anything I tried did not work until I used the roux. Now my ends are super moisturized. I haven't had to use any type of moisturizer on my ends, on my hair, nothing every time i use it! My hair is shiny without the use of serums and sprays. I'm very happy with this product and going to shout it to the rooftops. hm..maybe I should do a review of this on my blog thinking about it. But yea sorry I'm so one sided since I've never used ACV but I hope this kind of helps you.

catgurl

Subbing. I am in the same position. I just bought PC but haven't used it yet.

We have hard water and I like shampoo bars so I try to do a ACV rinse. Problem is I keep forgetting! I like that ACV is all natural but if PC works just as well or better I'd like to try it.

I thought since PC is supposed to be the 2nd step after shampoo and ACV is the very last step (before sealing) wouldn't they work different? I'm confused!

HeChangedMyName

I know yall get so sick of my posting but i have so many questions to ask so bear with me :grin:.

I search the board before i posted this and i can't seem to find an answer but i would like to know has anybody compared Roux Porosity Control vs ACV Rinse.

I already do the ACV Rinse but i have never tried Roux but i don't know which is better because i don't wanna go out and buy something that i basically already use.

I baggy and i baggy and i baggy and my ends never seem to stay moisturized long at all so i am thinking that maybe its a porosity problem. I baggy at least 3x a week

Can you guys chime in on this for me because my ends are driving me crazy and if the Roux is better than the ACV i will be willing to go out and buy it and give it a try.

I already know that my hair is highly porous though.

ACV seems to make my hair feel very stripped down. Roux makes my hair feel replenished. and soft. I can literally feel the difference while i'm rinsing the Roux out. But while i'm rinsing the ACV my hair feel like i need to run for my leave in.

chelleypie810

Subbing. I am in the same position. I just bought PC but haven't used it yet.

We have hard water and I like shampoo bars so I try to do a ACV rinse. Problem is I keep forgetting! I like that ACV is all natural but if PC works just as well or better I'd like to try it.

I thought since PC is supposed to be the 2nd step after shampoo and ACV is the very last step (before sealing) wouldn't they work different? I'm confused!

I used pc both ways that you described and they both worked however it worked better after the shampoo as you stated, and then I did my dc.

ETA: I also have hard water. It sux.

MsLizziA

I used pc both ways that you described and they both worked however it worked better after the shampoo as you stated, and then I did my dc.

ETA: I also have hard water. It sux.
So what's the difference if you do it before or after? My thought was that if you use it before your hair wont receive moisture as good because your cuticles are closed as opposed to after you DC because you are locking in the moisture. Maybe im wrong so PLEASE correct me if i am because i really am trying to get clarification

ms.blue

I used pc & I love it. PC made my curls pop & when I flatironed my ends weren't crispy also I believe it has made my hair stronger b/c I hardly see broken pieces of hair when I comb my hair.

Jazala

I've used both.

Roux > ACV by a landside IMO.

And yes it closes your cuticles so I use it after the DC.

chelleypie810

So what's the difference if you do it before or after? My thought was that if you use it before your hair wont receive moisture as good because your cuticles are closed as opposed to after you DC because you are locking in the moisture. Maybe im wrong so PLEASE correct me if i am because i really am trying to get clarification

I thought the same thing, but I was self relaxing and people said they had used roux after the neutralizing shampoo so I did it that way and then I dc'd and my hair was much softer and much, much more moisturized doing it this way. Maybe because the cuticles are all laying one way the moisture is able to be absorbed easier. I have no idea. One of the chemists need to get in here and help.

MsBoinglicious

oh wait, so you should only use this if you have a chemical treatment? Not for naturals?

ETA: Okay nevermind I see someone up top who is natural said they use it!

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I've used both and pc has become a staple. Acv leaves my hair rough. Pc leaves my hair soft and moisturizer.

MsLizziA

I thought the same thing, but I was self relaxing and people said they had used roux after the neutralizing shampoo so I did it that way and then I dc'd and my hair was much softer and much, much more moisturized doing it this way. Maybe because the cuticles are all laying one way the moisture is able to be absorbed easier. I have no idea. One of the chemists need to get in here and help.
Ok so who is the chemist on this board?

MsLizziA

So im walking through my local BSS and look what i run across... Roux! I bought it on the spot and haven't used it yet but i will. I got the corrector and conditioner... i hope thats right. But anyway, am i supposed to leave it on for just 30 seconds? That's what the bottle says but do you all follow those instructions?

Precious_P

I leave it in for about 1 min. Many ladies on the board that use it successfully seem to follow the instructions of 30 seconds to 1 min.

catgurl

I was just thinking about this thread! I had been doing ACV rinses as a last step but after this thread I began using PC after a shampoo bar or co-wash before condish. I leave it on for about 30 secs.

This stuff is amazing!!!

My hair has never retained moisture like this. My hair is soft, and as a bonus smoother and less prone to frizzy. I am retaining my growth much better because of it too.

BTW, I'm natural and on a personal no heat challenge from Nov to my B-day in May and it is still working miracles.

Hurrah another staple. I am this close to finalizing my routine!

CocoGlow

wow..it seems like everyone who tries it loves it...so....

What exactly is in this product that closes the cuticle?

my hair is very porous as well ans it's difficult to keep moisture in :perplexed

cocoagirl

wow..it seems like everyone who tries it loves it...so....

What exactly is in this product that closes the cuticle?

my hair is very porous as well ans it's difficult to keep moisture in :perplexed

I can't state for sure what exactly closes the cuticle but if I understand correctly, any chemical service or the roughing of the hair that is caused by washing the hair causes the cuticles to be raised which in turn prevents or inhibits slightly moisture from being locked in. When you use a product that has a proper PH, (along with some vital ingredients found in the product for smoothing, moisture etc.) it helps to smooth the cuticles so that moisture, when given, will be locked in. Read the article linked to in the posting above...

CocoGlow

I can't state for sure what exactly closes the cuticle but if I understand correctly, any chemical service or the roughing of the hair that is caused by washing the hair causes the cuticles to be raised which in turn prevents or inhibits slightly moisture from being locked in. When you use a product that has a proper PH, (along with some vital ingredients found in the product for smoothing, moisture etc.) it helps to smooth the cuticles so that moisture, when given, will be locked in. Read the article linked to in the posting above...

Thanks! I checked out the link ..that helped a lot...so it seems like the acidic ingredients in combination with the humectants in the formula of this conditioner may give it the advantage over regular ACV rinses

You ladies have me convinced to at least give this product a try! :yep: