s curl n breakage?

lea86111

does anyone else seem to have more breakage when using s curl?
here's what i do:
wash with all ways moisturizing poo
co wash with mane n tail con
use mane n tail as a leave in (my hair likes protein)
blow dry on cool
spray s curl

i dunno, have u experienced this? (especially helpful if ure from the chi, maybe it's the weather, even though its pretty humid here :-/ )
i have qb brbc n love it but m tryina stretch it since i can't repurchase right now, any suggestions for smth else? Was thinking of maybe trying ao hsr as a leave in/moisturizer?
thanks in advance guys
by the way m 4b relaxed

lea86111

hmm could it be that i look for breakage? In the sense that i hv SERIOUS hih syndrome, its serious yall and m always running my fingers through my ends n lightly pulling to c if there's gonna be breakage, n since the s curl makes hair wet in the beginning (as it dries, its better)....heck i dunno, but when i use qb brbc i do the same n no small pieces come out, only shed hair....

Last edited:

afrikurl

maybe it's the blowdrying? How often are you repating this routine? maybe there is too much manipulation goin on

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I don't know what the ingredients are in s Curl but it probably has glycerine in it. I've been told that glycerine may not agree with some people's hair.

I have a theory that I lose more hair when wet than when it's dry. When my hair is flat-ironed I see nothing in my fingers when fingercombing. But as soon as I moisturize with something like HS 14-1 I see strands in my fingers. So I don't know what the deal is with that. I'm almost afraid to moisturize most of the time :nono:

I'll add that when I do moisturize with HE LTR I don't have a problem. But that product is not as moisturizing as an S Curl or HS 14-1 because there's no glycerine.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

does anyone else seem to have more breakage when using s curl?
here's what i do:
wash with all ways moisturizing poo
co wash with mane n tail con
use mane n tail as a leave in (my hair likes protein)
blow dry on cool
spray s curl

i dunno, have u experienced this? (especially helpful if ure from the chi, maybe it's the weather, even though its pretty humid here :-/ )
i have qb brbc n love it but m tryina stretch it since i can't repurchase right now, any suggestions for smth else? Was thinking of maybe trying ao hsr as a leave in/moisturizer?
thanks in advance guys
by the way m 4b relaxed

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! please don't say so, I've just purchased tons of this (haven't used yet)

OrangeMoon

Depending on how you use s curl it may be too much moisture for your strands. In the past I used to spray s curl on my hair until it was soaking wet and had breakage. Now I use just enough where my hair feels moisturized and not soaking wet.

lea86111

@hairsnob n orangemoon
when my hair is wet with s curl it breaks so ill try not to manipulate it a lot, but when it dries, m cool. Like right now, no breakage @ all. But when my hair is wet with water i dont have breakage though....hmmm

@hairlab LMAOOOOO dont worry, its all good, i just got it too, i guess don't touch your hair when its wet with s curl, wait til "it dries" (quotes cuz it stays moist-like)

@afrikurl
ima try not to blowdry my hair (even though on cool it already takes forever n a day to dry, sigh)

what do you frequent co washers do to dry hair then? Just airdry??? Blahhh lol

Bublin

Not everyone's hair agrees with glycerin. My hair gets very dry and brittle when i use a product that contains it (especially when its high on the ingredient list).
This is especially true when applied to my dry hair. I can tolerate it to a degree when applied to wet hair.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Maybe blowdrying and then applying S-curl is causing the breakage...first you're drying your hair out with the blowdryer, and then applying moisture to it. You've just wasted your time blowdrying. Why not just apply S-curl right after washing and conditioning (no blowdrying).

coolsista-paris

im natural and apply s curl spray. i doesnt break my hair.it moisturizes it well. if i put the gel on though (if too much) it will be soft but break as its too soft and fragile. have to be a balance