S-Curl

cocoberry10

After reading a few posts, it seems some people are not fans of S-Curl. Why is that? I have found it to moisturize my hair really well. Is there something in the product that is bad for our hair? Someone please let a sista know! Thanks ladies.

I found that it worked very well for me when I was using it. I still use it occasionally. Everything doesnt work the same with everybody's hair. I think it has to do with the glycerin...not sure though

I used it from 1997- 2005, and I do believe it had a big hand in me keeping my hair healthy then. Stopped using it because I personally chose to not use products w/ parabens in them anymore.

When used alone, it made my hair "mushy" for lack of a better term. It felt like my hair was TOO soft. When my hair is too soft like that, it starts to shed like nobody's business so I had to cut the S-Curl out. I mixed the remainder of the bottle with distilled water & rosemary and made a very nice spritz, but I won't purchase it again for a couple of reasons. One is that I'm slowly but surely replacing paraben/sulfate/petrochemical laden products with those that are natural/organic. Whole Foods sells vegetable glycerine and I've found that my mix of veggie glycerine, distilled water, and rosemary works better than S-Curl.
HTH

Divine Inspiration said:
When used alone, it made my hair "mushy" for lack of a better term. It felt like my hair was TOO soft. When my hair is too soft like that, it starts to shed like nobody's business so I had to cut the S-Curl out. I mixed the remainder of the bottle with distilled water & rosemary and made a very nice spritz, but I won't purchase it again for a couple of reasons. One is that I'm slowly but surely replacing paraben/sulfate/petrochemical laden products with those that are natural/organic. Whole Foods sells vegetable glycerine and I've found that my mix of veggie glycerine, distilled water, and rosemary works better than S-Curl.
HTH

I agree with Divine....It made my hair greasy and mushy..way too soft. I diluted it with distilled water, just to get rid of it and I won't be purchasing it again. I prefer sta-sof-fro.

Thanks for the info! Since I try to eat mostly organic foods, I will look for the veggie glycerine at the health stores.

Divine Inspiration said:
When used alone, it made my hair "mushy" for lack of a better term. It felt like my hair was TOO soft. When my hair is too soft like that, it starts to shed like nobody's business so I had to cut the S-Curl out.

I second this. Makes me wonder if my hair needs more protein.

i am using s curl now. and i have noticed a difference in my hair since using it. my hair is soo much softer. this is great because my hair is extremely coarse and dry. it didn't make my hair mushy at all. i think it probably makesyour hir mushy or too soft if your hair is fine. but i love how much softer my hair feels compared to the brillo pad it was before.

I use a glycerin and water mix as well and i love it. I never tried the s-curl so i guess what i made is a viable alternative and actually cheaper to produce than what you can buy in the store.

Back