Any World Of Curl Activator/S-Curl users?

I LOVE the s-curl on wet hair for air drying (this stuff leaves the hair sooo soft & wavy. A girlfriend today asked what I did to my hair. She's now after it!). I want to now try the WOC activator. Is this used first on wet hair and then followed by spritzing s-curl on top? or is it an either/or thing?

Thanks! also, does the WOC give identical results to s-curl since its also a moisturizing product or is it different?

Thanks! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

adrienne0914

BRH, i usually use one or the other. the World of Curls is much heavier than the S-Curl. i've been using it almost exclusively in this "colder" weather... well, colder for cali. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif unfortunately, because i really only wear my hair up when i use curl activator, it's hard to say whether it acts any differently. i've been thinking of using it for the braid out again, but i've been too lazy. were i to do the braid out though, i'd definitely use the S-Curl.

adrienne

Ebony

i agree. it's hard to say whether your hair will act differently cuz everyone's experience is different, but as far as the "way" to use it.....you can do the same thing you do with the scurl. they're basically very similar products. i use both. i use it on my hair wet or dry. actually, i just came from squirting it on my hair in the bathroom and put my hair in one braid so that it will be ready when i wake up for church. i didn't wet it with water. i try not to unless i know i'll be in the house all day or after a wash(it's too cold /images/graemlins/shocked.gifhere in NY to keep wetting my hair unnecessarily).

Thanks girls. I think I'll give the WOC a try and see how I get on with it since my hair has reacted so positively to the S-Curl.

Cannot thank Adrienne enough for reccing this stuff /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I use the s curl on wet hair and section my hair into 2 pigtail braids. The next morning I just undo the pigtails and go out with the hair in waves which I love! I'll see if the WOC does a similar job or not used as a combo or alone.

MissJ

After I heard about activator on this board, I went out and bought some Ss-Curl from Sally's Beauty Supply. I think I got the wrong kind, Texturizer Stylin' Spray, but that's all they had. Where did y'all get y'all's activator from?

SilkyandSmooth

I recently went out and bought the S-Curl spray after reading all the great reviews on here(I've been lurking for awhile), and I love it. It made my hair so soft and shiny. I needed something to bring out the natural waves in my relaxed hair. I'm probably going to try the S-Curl and the air dry method as soon as the weather gets a little warmer. I used to use S-Curl on my natural hair years ago, but I had forgotten all about it. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

adrienne0914

they sell it everywhere here, including the grocery store. just keep looking, girl... /images/graemlins/smile.gif this is how the bottle looks:

adrienne

Faith

MissJ the one you bought was it grey and blue? If so that's that one I bought and it's works very well too...maybe just as well as the No drip one.

marabou1

Hello Ladies:

Someone probably already asked this question, but here it goes again.

Can you also use Scurl on dry hair just for daily moisturizing, or is it really only recommended for applying to the hair after shampooing?

Also, should one put in some type of oil or moisturizing lotion in the hair prior to spraying the Scurl?

Thanks.

Integrity

I have been thinking about using WOC gel to deep condition after a protein treatment and see how it goes. but i think i will just rinse with tepid (not warm) water to rinse.

Tara

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
marabou1 said:
Hello Ladies:

Someone probably already asked this question, but here it goes again.

Can you also use Scurl on dry hair just for daily moisturizing, or is it really only recommended for applying to the hair after shampooing?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ola girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

O.k. I went and grabbed the bottle for you so I can type what it says.....I am WAY to dedicated to ya'll, LOL!!

Anyway it says in part: <font color="blue">S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer may be used daily to maintain and condition your curly hair style. It containse glycerine and vitamine B5, which togehter elminates breakage and keep your curls, waves, and natural hair soft, healthy and with a lasting sheen.

(now don't laugh on this part ya'll it really says this /images/graemlins/grin.gif) This special "NO DRIP" Formula allows you to use S-CURL ACTIVATOR and MOISTURIZER without fear of ruining your clothes or pillow cases. S-CURL ACTIVATOR and MOISTURIZER can be used daily by the entire family and will not leave a greasy buildup. </font>

Then the directions say to use daily to maintain a proper moisture balance. You know, I have really sat down and read the back of this bottle in a long time....and I must say, curl activator is at least ONE product that does all it claims to do!! (I know that there are others out there, but since we are on curl activators)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also, should one put in some type of oil or moisturizing lotion in the hair prior to spraying the Scurl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of ladies use the oil AFTER to seal in the moisture. It also says on the bottle that you can do this for additional conditioning and to seal in the moisture. I personally have not applied oil before the curl activator so I imagine it would cause the activator to kind of sit on top of the hair, but I could be wrong.

I'm sure someone will correct me if they know otherwise. /images/graemlins/grin.gif