Sabastians Brilliant Brown

ItsyBitsy

I finally got my Colourshines now im afraid to use it....... I opened the bottle and was :eek: to see it's damn near black. I have medium brown hair and was hoping to darken it a little and cover my few grays...nothing drastic. I think this may be to dark. Does anyone have any experience with the Brilliant Brown, any reviews would be greatly appreciated.

janeemat

I have always used Coffee Bean and it's dark but I love it. I have lots pf grays and covers it quite well. However, I did pick up a bottle of Brilliant Brown but have not used it yet. A stylist friend of mine told me that it had a green cast to it, so she took hers back. Well, I decided to check it out by smearing a little on some tissue, and it does have a green cast to it. I then smeared my fav coffee bean and it's a brown/black. Well, to say the least I'm returning the brilliant brown for my coffee bean. I didn't want to take a chance on my grays reflecting green. You may want to exchange it. Or try it, it may be ok.

ItsyBitsy

janeemat said:
I have always used Coffee Bean and it's dark but I love it. I have lots pf grays and covers it quite well. However, I did pick up a bottle of Brilliant Brown but have not used it yet. A stylist friend of mine told me that it had a green cast to it, so she took hers back. Well, I decided to check it out by smearing a little on some tissue, and it does have a green cast to it. I then smeared my fav coffee bean and it's a brown/black. Well, to say the least I'm returning the brilliant brown for my coffee bean. I didn't want to take a chance on my grays reflecting green. You may want to exchange it. Or try it, it may be ok.

Thanks for responding! That's exactly what I was afraid of (green cast). its not worth the risk so im going to have to past on this one. Unfortunetly I can't return it because my old stylist got it for me and since it is being discontinued all sales on this were final :perplexed

tld723

I had used this and it turned my hair almost black!!!! ( my hair is a med to light brown) I then tried Golden Walnut, which is the darkest in the blondes and it came out realy nice, just enough to make the grays look like subtle highlights, but of course that is one of the colors being discontinued.

janeemat

Girl, I hate you can't exchange it. I wish I could get it from you. I would swap it out at the bss for you were my friend get all of her supplies from. They know me there.

ItsyBitsy

I just put a call in tho the lady that got it for me (had to leave a message). I know she uses this one along with other colors. Hopefully she can switch with me, if not it will be on the exchange forum if anybody interested in it. I'll keep ya posted.

ItsyBitsy

janeemat said:
Girl, I hate you can't exchange it. I wish I could get it from you. I would swap it out at the bss for you were my friend get all of her supplies from. They know me there.

Jane, I might take you up on this...of course i'll pay the shipping both ways. I'll keep you posted if the lady I got it from is willing to switch with me. Thanks alot
If all else fails off to the exchange forum it goes :ohwell: