Sallys has some new Crack!LOL- A coloresse review

gymfreak336

In light of the new sally january 2for sale, I wanted to go ahead and give my full review of their Coloresse line since it is on the sale list.

This line is marketed to be a knockoff of pureology products. I have seen it for awhile but never took the time to actually look at it. Once I started to really read the ingredients I was like, Wow, this looks kinda good. I also want to point out that all of the shampoos are also sulfate free.

Coloresse has 4 subunits- moisture, repair, volume, and styling aids.

I bought the Coloresse Rescue conditioner and the Coloresse Rescue mask. The repair stuff comes in blue bottles.

Here is the product description

Coloresse Rescue Conditioner

Perfect for color-treated hair that is severely dry and damaged
Intense Color Complex protects and prolongs hair color
Repairs and strengthens weak hair
Conditions, smooths and seals the cuticle

Contains ntense Color Complex with Sunflower Seed Extract that protects from UV rays and helps repair damage caused by environmental elements that can fade color. Vitamin E a powerful antioxidant helps prevent free radical damage and blocks color loss. Vegetable Protein repairs and strengthens hair that has been damaged by environmental elements and repeat chemical treatments.

Here are the ingredients

WATER ,STEARYL ALCOHOL ,CETYL ALCOHOL ,QUATERNIUM-91 ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,AMODIMETHICONE ,CETRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE ,CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE ,FRAGRANCE ,POLYQUATERNIUM-37 ,C11-15 PARETH-7 ,METHYLPARABEN ,GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,BUTYLENE GLYCOL ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE ,HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL S ,PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXY ,PROPYLPARABEN ,CITRIC ACID ,TRIDECETH-12 ,GLYCERIN ,LAURETH-9 ,TETRASODIUM EDTA ,PPG-1 TRIDECETH-6 ,DISODIUM EDTA ,HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRA ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,CINNAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHORIDE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,LIMONENE

My experience: I bought this because having fine hair, I need a balance of protein and moisture at nearly every wash. I also have permanently colored hair so I figured this conditioner might work for a weekly 10-15 conditioning session on its own. First off, this conditioner is thick and it has a nice smell. It is nice and creamy and feels good going on. I left mine on for about 15 minutes while I scrubbed my feet. Upon rinsing, my hair felt very smooth and soft. You won't get super slippery hair with it as you see it doesn't contain alot of cones, but my hair felt supple and soft. I applied a little paul mitchell leave in and detangled with a shower comb. I had no problems doing that at all. After it dried, my hair felt heavier but soft and separated. It didn't feel weighed down or anything and my curls were nice and bouncy.

The Coloresse Mask

Perfect for color-treated hair that is severely dry and damaged
Intense Color Complex color protection
Repairs and strengthens weak hair
Locks in moisture and improves hair texture
Softens and adds shine

Revive dry, weak, color-treated hair with this deep penetrating moisture masque. Sunflower Seed Extract, Vitamin E and Vegetable Protein form the Intense Color Complex to help strengthen hair and enhance hair color. Natural oils and silicones help improve hair texture, lock in moisture and add vibrant shine for a smooth, healthy-looking finish.

Ingredients

Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-91, Amodimethicone, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Juice Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia, Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Benzophenone-3, Wheat Amino Acids, PEG-180, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polyquaternium-37, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum).

I tried this mask today. I used it after a couple of mintues with aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. It is super thick and you don't need much at all to get good coverage. It kinda emulsifies a bit in your hands so take some out and kinda whip it in your hands before applying it. I left it on for about 20 minutes and then rinsed out. Like the conditioner, you won't get crazy banana peel on the floor slip but you will get real softness. I let my hair air dry to really test it and my hair dried smooth. It actually looked as though I might have paritally blow dried it because my hair wasn't sticking up all over my head :lol: It is more controlled but still fluffy and not coated. Combing though it wasn't a problem and even and my ends air dried smooth and soft.

Bottom line

These are good products and proves that you don't have to spend your last dime to get quality products. I plan on using these on a regular basis, especially if I am still in love after I go through my first bottles. I plan on trying out the moisture line as well sometime this upcoming month. I think everyone should try them out, the most you will lose it time since Sallys will give you your money right back and they are on sale, 2for10 for the month of January.

RocStar

Just wanted to say thanks for the post and the review. I purchased the two Coloresse conditioners this weekend you mentioned in your post and am excited to use them. Thanks again!

lennet93

Why did I come in this thread?:look: Sallys is getting all of my money. I love their GVP products. These will be going on my Sallys list..yes I have a list:sekret:. Thanks for the review Gym!

Jazala

I've been using their shampoo. Never tried the conditioners but now i will!! Thanks for the review.:grin::grin:

Angelicus

This thread is older, but I just wanted to review the Coloresse Rescue Shampoo.

Surprisingly, I liked it! It did not leave my hair rough, dry, or matted. Even though it is a shampoo, it reminds me of Porosity Control Conditioner (color and consistency). It is sulfate free. It also doesn't have a too-perfume-y smell. My hair even felt a little detangled. I really liked it but I am not going to buy it again-- I really want to start using natural products again.

Why is the bottle so small!? :whyme: But honestly, my hair didn't need a lot to lather my hair at all.

Cost: $7.99, but I only paid $2.99 for it because I had a $5.00 off coupon.

Overall, I was quite surprised that my hair really liked this shampoo.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium C14-18 Olefin Sulfonate, Isopropylamine Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Glycol Stearate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-150 Distearate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyamide-2, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-12 Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate.