SALLYS Who owns it? Here it is!!

BrooklynSouth

Remembered our concern about the owners of SALLYs. Tooling around the net today and found this.
SALLYs was founded by Americans Leonard and Bernice Lavin. The married couple also owns ALBERTO-CULVER,VO5,ST. IVES,TRESEMME,CONSORT{?} and NEXXUS!! The savvy pair also own SUGAR TWIN,STATIC GUARD,MRS DASH,MOLLY MCBUTTER & BAKERS JOY. I'm not sure but I think the original company is/was CALIFORNIA BEAUTY SUPPLY COMPANY. Far as I know they still own it.

HoneyDew

BrooklynSouth said:
Great research HoneyDew. I think Sallys is still owned by them but they did a spin off of the company stock market wise..at least; I'm hoping so and not owned by those who nearly control the BSS biz these days. I am astonished that they also have MOTIONS and PRO-LINE!!

And was Silk Elements mentioned. They are the only ones that sell that one. I agree with you about the ownership, though. I hope it does not turn into something different.

The money and control they have may be why my favorite conditioner is labeled differently in Sallys and no where else. Mane N' Tail Original Conditioner has a slightly different ingredient list on all the bottles I have purchased from Sallys - totally different than the ones from other places like Walgreens, CVS, grocery stores and other BSS stores. :scratchch

BrooklynSouth

HoneyDew, either way..my stock broker is getting a call from me tomorrow. LHCF is keeping the company in clover! NYSE :ACV $24,12 at closing. SBH $8.99 at closing.

Angelicus

I do know that Sally's started in my hometown, New Orleans, LA. This is a very informative thread.

Blackberry7

BrooklynSouth said:
Remembered our concern about the owners of SALLYs. Tooling around the net today and found this.
SALLYs was founded by Americans Leonard and Bernice Lavin. The married couple also owns ALBERTO-CULVER,VO5,ST. IVES,TRESEMME,CONSORT{?} and NEXXUS!! The savvy pair also own SUGAR TWIN,STATIC GUARD,MRS DASH,MOLLY MCBUTTER & BAKERS JOY. I'm not sure but I think the original company is/was CALIFORNIA BEAUTY SUPPLY COMPANY. Far as I know they still own it.

Wow that's quite an empire they founded.

Edited to delete my stock comments coz OP already posted the same thing above.

Maybe the answer to who owns Sally's is - "we can!"

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

So right, buy stock in the products you use and we surely buy enough of those products. Don't just jump to buy..investigate performance, the P/E, past performance and ratings, consider risks very seriously; think hard first. ACV gained a little today, perhaps LHCF members gave it a boost. Imagine gaining healthy hair and a healthy profit:p . I saw a thread on investing on the boards, think I'll read the posts.