salon experience

jasmine

i just came home from college and i am now home in new
york.
i wanted to get my hair done so i went to the salon. i wanted a relaxer so she asked me what i had done to my hair recently nad i told her that i had put a no lye in my hair like a month ago and she said no problem. Then she proceeds to put BIG glops of creme in my hair. i thought maybe that it was a scalp base so i asked her what it was and she said relaxer. she was putting it on my SCALP like she was greasing my scalp. i told her that i usually dont do that and she said dont worry it will only burn alittle bit. WRONG. my scalp was on FIRE and she told me that i should hold out for an extra 5 minutes and she proceeded to rinse some lady's hair out. i was fixed to crying. i started cursing and she rinsed my scalp. while she was doing it my whole body was shaking and my scalp was stinging me. i felt like crying. of course my hair was not6 that straight. she put a hot curling iron through it and it looked nice but i was a little upset.

This is what got me mad though. the next morning (today) i was feeling the back of my scalp and wondering why it was still wet. i figured maybe it got wet from when i was in the shower so i just dried it up with a tissue. tell me why my scalp is still wet now. i asked my sister to look at it and like i suspectd i HAD A DANG BLISTER on my scalp. im so afraid it will scar and and the hair wont grow back. i knew i should have just dealt with my hair my dang self.

inthepink

I'm sorry your experience wasn't a good one. I've had the blisters in my scalp, too. My hair always grew back in that area so I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

jasmine

thank u soo much. i really hope so. the sad thing about it was that she was asking ME hair care tips and the girl hair is longer than mine.(this site is the Bomb)
the only reason why i went was because when i tried to relax my hair by myself with the no-lye i could never get my hair straight and i experienced breakage at one spot at the root.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
That's messed up! I think your blister will clear up and you'll be fine. She was wrong for putting that relaxer right on your scalp like that. The appropriate method is to apply the relaxer to all of the new growth at least 1/8th to 1/4th inch away from the scalp. Then when they smooth it through the final time (or second to last time) they're supposed to go ahead and smooth it onto the hair closest to the scalp.

I'd still suggest going to a professional for your chemical services--though I know how you must feel, especially after this. Go to a salon where the stylists are accountable to someone other than themselves and their clients. I go to JC Penney's and my stylist is OFF THE HOOK!
I love the professionalism and the salon atmosphere. I love that she does what I ask her to do because she realizes that it's my hair and she realizes that she has a boss that works right in the salon with her

Angelicus

Does anyone know what I can put on my new scalp burns which caused me to curse out my stylist? yes yall, I finally got the relaxer and reached my goal... then got it cut in layers

HOTCHOCOLATE

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Does anyone know what I can put on my new scalp burns which caused me to curse out my stylist? yes yall, I finally got the relaxer and reached my goal... then got it cut in layers

[/ QUOTE ]

Use Neosporin