Sapuyulo/Zapote/Mamey Is Excellent As a Conditioner

JaneBond007

It fortifies the strands. Works for me. Thought I'd pass it on. It's also a growth stimulant, so they say. I'm using it because it's natural and a seed oil. I can't believe this inexpensive conditioner is practically better than Baba de Caracol or even Crece Pelo. :blush: I guess it depends upon what your hair is like, though. Try it...if you like it, post below. Also, anybody find the Tropical brand Sapuyulo oil? Out-of-stock at Bluebeez...:sad: Here's some brands:

Think I'm going to reorder to get the shampoo and conditioner. I use the conditioner I have with a little oil as a leave-in.

Angelicus

Yes, the seeds are awesome! Most of the Tropical brand Dominican conditioners are very good. What are the ingredients to that oil you posted? Is it 100% suela/zapote? (really hard to find). Let me know!

danysedai

Thanks!! I need to research how they get the oil out of the seed so I can tell my sisters. The dominicans have us cubans beat with the way they make use of the same plants and fruits we have!
Now I'm hungry, I want a "batido de mamey" (mamey milkshake) my favourite!

Blessed&higlyflavoured

marmey

my favourite fruit. it smells like sunshine. hmmm. We have those in the smaller islands too, and we don't make use of it to its full potential either. It's so yummy

JaneBond007

Yes, the seeds are awesome! Most of the Tropical brand Dominican conditioners are very good. What are the ingredients to that oil you posted? Is it 100% suela/zapote? (really hard to find). Let me know!

The pic I posted is Mexican zapote and I haven't ordered that yet. It's supposed to be 100%. It seems to be the only one I've found online not out-of-stock :perplexed There's a 12 oz bottle of it (maybe 8??) at Bluebeez but they still haven't gotten it back in.

Extraction:

I think it's cold-pressed. A mi me gustan las paletas congeladas de mamey...:bouncegre

Last edited: