Satin/Silk Pillowcases vs. Caps/scarves

so1913

Does anyone use the satin or silk pillowcases at night instead of covering their hair with the cap or a scarf? I'm trying to preserve my hair style while I sleep, and after sleeping with a cap, it looses it's shape, gets flat and swells up a bit. I wanted to know if anyone's style after sleeping on a satin pillow case seems to hold up?

Thanks!

JazzyFLPeach

I've only opted for the satin pillowcase over the satin bonnet a handful of times. When I'm super tired, it's just easier and helps me get to sleep a couple minutes earlier. :lol: I find that my hairstyle does keep its shape a little bit better when using the pillowcase as opposed to the bonnet though. I seem to get a case of the "poofs" when I don't try to tie it down with a scarf before putting on the bonnet.

Country gal

I use a scarf and the satin pillow case. I tend to like cold pillows so I switch them throughout the night.

Isis

I sleep on a silk pillowcase with a silk or satin scarf and cap over that! The scarf keeps my hair in place so it won't be so poufy. The silk pillowcase is for my hair in case my scarf happens to fall off and for my skin. Silk is supposed to be very good at keeping our skin moisturized also.

Synthia

Satin is not smooth enough for me and still absorbs too much moisture from my hair.

I do love silk pillowcases and used to use them until I started MTGing.

i prefer hanging my hair out at night gliding on a silk case rather than tied up. It look sexier too :) if you should have to fall asleep in someone's arms.

I'd recommend you get silk sheet too though since when you pull them up to your chin on cold nights they are going to touch your hair too.

The style doesn't stay perfect, but I do think styles last better with pillowcases.