Say Guys, What Would You Do

G

Remember I mentioned that the evil hairdresser cut off 6 inches in the back. Well she left the sides a little longer.

Now that my hair is growning the sides are substanitally longer than the back, looks like the back is not catching up. The lady at JCP suggessted evening it up but it is about 3 inches and I don't know if I want to party with it.

Would you cut? I'm totally parnanoid of cuts now, but it is noticible I wanted to wait till the back grew out more, I don't know what to do. /images/graemlins/violin.gif

sweetcocoa

If you want to wait for more length in the back, try wearing it in an updo, or pulling it back behind your ears. Your hair will appear one length unless it is extremely different in length. Try it... maybe.. doing a cute little flip.

G

Thanks I will do that. I'm gonna try keeping it up all week and maybe curling and wearing down just on sunday., Maybe that'll speed up the growth in the back.

ngaa

i agree wit sweetcocoa coz 3inches worth of hair is quite a lot to part wit so u cud wear it in updos till u want to even it out in which case u needa get some1 u cant trust to do this else u'll be runnin from hair-dresser for life

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
LOL@ "evil headresser"....

I'm w/ the others, if you don't want to "part" with your hair, don't /images/graemlins/smile.gif That's like with a nail I chipped. Rather than cutting down, I left the nail uneven and polished it as I normally do. The chipped end grew back to lenghth as if nothing happened, and I simply filed it a bit to even the tip. So I think the same would apply to your hair.

Keep the sides until the other sections grow out to the lenghth you want; eventually, you'll have to slightly trim the sides to get them all even. But don't cut the sides off you don't want to.

While you're waiting for the other sections to catch up, you could consider updos or wear a braided style for three months so you don't have to worry about it at all..

Julia

I agree with what everyone else has stated. If it is healthy, why not keep it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am in somewhat of a similar situation. I have SEVERAL different lengths that I am sporting - all a result of breakage and bad hairdressing /images/graemlins/mad.gif. However I am going to be just gradually trimming to even everything up with every other relaxer. I try to wear styles that camoflauge the fact that certain parts of my hair are much longer than others.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
There is about an inch difference in the right side of my hair and the left side. I am going to wait until I have reached my goal length (or evel alittle longer) to even it up. 'Til then, I'll be dusting it myself.

HTH!

Integrity

i agree with the ladies. you can try the drawstring ponytails, braids, and weaves for a few months till the back has caught up and then trim. /images/graemlins/smile.gif