Scalp feels irritated/creepy crawly...

ShiShiPooPoo

I have been baggying every night. On Friday I put in my Bantu Knots on wet hair conditioned with SCurl and was fine until Sunday night. I realized that they were in way too tight. I undid them and then re-wound them looser. This helped a little. Each night I was saturating them with Scurl then trying to seal it with Alma oil. Ugh...finally yesterday I couldn't take it anymore. They weren't tight anymore but my scalp was itching like crazy! I poo'd and applied Keracare and baggied. Well, I feel asleep with the bag on my head and when I woke up this morning I immediately rinsed the Keracare out and let it air dry. I noticed that my scalp had this WEIRD crawly/itchy sensation especially near my hairline. It even felt painful at times. I go to the mirror and begin to analyze my scalp and notice huge flakes. I take a fine tooth and begin to gently scratch and off come these flakes. It wasn't a lot of them but enough to notice...I never have a flaky scalp.

Was it product overload? I was even using my own sulfur mix on my scalp when I had the knots:confused: . My scalp feels a little better tonight but still itchy in spots. What happened? What should I do? I just know I'm about to be scolded!:ohwell:

I was gonna ask if you used anything with sulfur in it but I kept reading and I see that you do. It's probably that because when I used Glovers for a very short time my scalp felt so weird. It not only itched bad but it felt like there were things crawling all over it. It was sooo creepy! I couldn't take it. This is one of the reasons I'm scared to try BT. Anyway, it was the sulfur.....you'll be ok.

I can't sleep with a bag on my head because of this very reason. It'll slip back to my hairline and itch (no matter what product I'm using.) It even happens when I wear it for a few hours. :confused: :(

My scalp starts to feel itchy and weird if I leave it damp for too long. I used to add s-curl every night before bed but my hair stayed slight damp. I found out my hair and scalp feel best when it's dry. So now I use s-curl 1-2 twice week and creams for moisture.

was just about to go and oil w/ BT this afternoon until !!! ....

OOOO... i think i felt that creepy - crawly itching thing like little things running around on my scalp ewwwww ... when i baggy at nite and another time when used BT ..
just reading this is making me itch .... :eek:
i may have used to much product and left the baggy on too long to but now i am all nervous about the BT and also not using
'spray and oil' before baggy .... i don't like that feeling ..
i have already cut down on the baggies per week
know of any good creme moisturizers for baggy method as my hair gets REALLY dry?

at nite my guy says i be crackling ... lol ....
( due to the baggy noise ) :lol:

its so nice we can all come here and talk about what we want w/ no shame ... lol

lol @ creepy - crawly

Back