Scalp injections :-(........

jaibee

Hey people, i went to the dermatologist this morning. I have a bald spot in the back of my head near my neck and she told me it was alopecia areata /images/graemlins/frown.gif. When I was growing up I used to get small bald spots in the back of my head but they would always grow back. I stopped getting them for about 9 or 10 years then when I switched relaxers I got another spot but bigger than it ever was before. I thought it was the relaxer but the derm said it wasn't, she said I could keep getting relaxers if I wanted. I had to get scalp injections in the area today, I am supposed to get 3 more treatments for the next three months. She said there was a cream that I could have used but it was really messy and it had to be used everyday. The shots were not fun and I feel like punking out on the next ones. But I want my hair back, my hair covers it up but I can't really wear any updos cause my kitchen area is gone except for peach fuzz. I need support! I am thanking God that the spot is in an area that can be covered up though.

kitchen_tician

Awwww Jaibee /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I agree, it could be in a worse spot. I'm glad that you're able to get treatment for it. Everything will work out just fine. Just 3 more to go!!! You can do it!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif We're here for you Jaibee. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jaibee

thanks kitchen....what have you been up to? i've been doing nothing but working /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TigerLily

Oh jaibee! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Everything will be fine. Just do what the doc says and continue your treatments.

Does the doc know what caused this?

Cowgirl

Dont be discouraged. Keep up the treatments. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

My mom had the same problem and she got injections also for about 4 months. Well that was over a year ago and that spot has grown back fine now.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
thanks kitchen....what have you been up to? i've been doing nothing but working /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Lierin and I have been hanging out. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif Actually, I'm laying low for a little while. It's pretty bad when guys come up to you and say, "I saw you here, there, etc..." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jaibee

thx tiger. my doc doesn't know what causes it. I think it is hereditary and stress plays a part. i didn't get it again until I had an unbelievable amount of stress earlier this year, so I think that triggered it again. my sis had this same thing and had to get the shots and her hair has grown back

jaibee

thanks, yeah they want me to do 3 more treatments, so that's 3 more months.....
[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:
Dont be discouraged. Keep up the treatments. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

My mom had the same problem and she got injections also for about 4 months. Well that was over a year ago and that spot has grown back fine now.

[/ QUOTE ]

jaibee

don't feel bad, i've had guys come up to me and say the same thing....that's how i know that it is time to stay at home for awhile, lol...i hate i'm going to miss the atlanta meeting /images/graemlins/frown.gif
[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Lierin and I have been hanging out. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif Actually, I'm laying low for a little while. It's pretty bad when guys come up to you and say, "I saw you here, there, etc..." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]